Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU Utilization and Memory Usage Post 302284634 by zaxxon on Friday 6th of February 2009 01:54:57 AM
Old 02-06-2009
Either write a monitoring on your own or setup something like nmon, nagios or similar tools.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Utilization for memory and cpu

Hi all I need command to give me the utilization for memory and cpu,and how can I know if the utilization ok or no? for example in hp unix #top it is give me utilize for cpu and memory and also I can know if utilize ok or no. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory and CPU utilization process

Hi, I need to check which process in linux is taking high memory and which process is taking high cpu usage. Regards, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU/Memory utilization

hi guys I just want to know how to get the cpu/memory utilization of a running script? Well i know that I can use the sar command but it shows the whole system's statistics. Is it possible to get the stats of a single scirpt or a single running service? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting CPU utilization and memory for a process

I am trying to get cpu util and memory occupied for a process. I use these (I am showing output also): using top ---------- $ top p 25272 d 5 top - 01:52:17 up 2 days, 21:28, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06 Tasks: 1 total, 0 running, 1 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Glance and CPU and Memory utilization

Hi guys, I am new to Unix and have been asked to Check the CPU and Memory utilization using the Glance command. I have tried searching and Google but cant find anything that makes sense to me :o Does anyine have any links to somewhere that will explain exactly what it is - tried "man... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gt10
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Config - read nagios plugin .ini style config files SYNOPSIS
# Read given nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read( '/etc/nagios/plugins.ini' ); # Search for and read default nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read(); # Access sections and properties (returns scalars or arrayrefs) $rootproperty = $Config->{_}->{rootproperty}; $one = $Config->{section}->{one}; $Foo = $Config->{section}->{Foo}; DESCRIPTION
Nagios::Plugin::Config is a subclass of the excellent Config::Tiny, with the following changes: o Repeated keys are allowed within sections, returning lists instead of scalars o Write functionality has been removed i.e. access is read only o Nagios::Plugin::Config searches for a default nagios plugins file if no explicit filename is given to "read()". The current standard locations checked are: /etc/nagios/plugins.ini /usr/local/nagios/etc/plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios /etc/opt/nagios/plugins.ini /etc/nagios-plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios-plugins.ini /etc/opt/nagios-plugins.ini To use a custom location, set a "NAGIOS_CONFIG_PATH" environment variable to the set of directories that should be checked. The first "plugins.ini" or "nagios-plugins.ini" file found will be used. SEE ALSO
Config::Tiny, Nagios::Plugin AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: <http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net>. COPYRIGHT and LICENCE Copyright (C) 2006-2007 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-03 Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)