Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem in fibonacci series
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in fibonacci series Post 302284504 by danmero on Thursday 5th of February 2009 04:25:32 PM
Old 02-05-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fibonacci series

Need code to run the Fibonacci series from 0 to 10 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nycol
16 Replies

2. AIX

FTP Speed Problem on IBM P-Series equiped with AIX 5.2

Hi, We have IBM P-Series servers (P690, P650) equiped with AIX 5.2. Further we have 10/100 MB ethernet cards in P650 and 10/100/1000 MB ethernet cards in P690 servers. Servers are on a LAN connected with Cisco 3750 catalyst switch. FTP from one server to another is very slow,,,even 3-4 MB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aqeelcu@hotmail
3 Replies

3. Programming

C with MQ Series

Hi, Any one please let me know, how to write in to MQ Series through C. I tried, but it was vein, am expecting material(URL) or code. Thanks, Naga:cool: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to generate Fibonacci series using recursion

I am facing problem with Shell script to generate Fibonacci series using recursion i.e. recursive function. Here is my script: #!/bin/sh fibo() { no=$1 if ; then return 0 elif ; then return 1 else a1=`expr $no - 1` fibo $a1 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapas Bose
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers

pls give me the solution for this i need it for my exam pls pls pls Shell script to find the sum of first n Fibonacci numbers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell script to find sum of first n numbers of Fibonacci series

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Shell script to find sum of first n numbers of Fibonacci series 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kshitija
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does fibonacci sequence script stop making sense at 92nd iteration?

So, Just for practice, I wrote a simple fibonacci sequence script in bash. (03:08:02\$ cat fib #!/usr/bin/bash ret () { echo -ne "\n" sleep .5 } a=1 b=2 echo -n $a #1 A ret echo -n $b #2 B ret (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

8. Programming

Fibonacci (assembly)

When i run this with gcc filename.s -o filename. It is giving fatal error: Unknown opcode at define registers. Anyhelp will be appreciated .section ".data" prompt: .asciz "\nThis program prints the Fibonacci sequence" prompt2: .asciz "\nEnter a limit on the largest number to be displayed:"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

program to find and print a Fibonacci sequence of numbers. --Errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to convert a C language program over to Sparc Assembley and I am getting Undefined first referenced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fibonacci series -going into infinite loop

Hello, I am a beginner to shell programming. Coded the following for Fibonacci series. #!/bin/bash fib() { i=0 j=1 arr=0 arr=1 echo "enter the limit:" read n while do fo= expr $j - 1 f1=$j f2= expr $j + 1 arr= expr ${arr} + ${arr} echo ${arr} (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie222
3 Replies
expr(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   expr(1)

Name
       expr - evaluate expressions

Syntax
       expr arg...

Description
       The arguments are taken as an expression.  After evaluation, the result is written on the standard output.  Each token of the expression is
       a separate argument.

The operators and keywords are listed below.  The list is in order of increasing precedence, with equal precedence operators grouped.

expr | expr	   Yields the first expr if it is neither null nor 0.  Otherwise yields the second expr.

expr & expr	   Yields the first expr if neither expr is null or 0.	Otherwise yields 0.

expr relop expr	   The relop is one of < <= = != >= > and yields 1 if the indicated comparison is true, '0' if false.  The  comparison	is
			   numeric if both expr are integers, otherwise lexicographic.

expr + expr
	    expr - expr
			   Yields addition or subtraction of the arguments.

expr * expr
	    expr / expr
	    expr % expr
			   Yields multiplication, division, or remainder of the arguments.

expr : expr	   The	matching  operator compares the string first argument with the regular expression second argument; regular expres-
			   sion syntax is the same as that of The (...) pattern symbols can be used to select a portion of the  first  argument.
			   Otherwise, the matching operator yields the number of characters matched ('0' on failure).

( expr ) 	   parentheses for grouping.

Examples
       The first example adds 1 to the Shell variable a:
       a=`expr $a + 1`
       The second example finds the file name part (least significant part) of the pathname stored in variable a,
       expr $a : '.*/(.*)' '|' $a
       Note the quoted Shell metacharacters.

Diagnostics
       The command returns the following exit codes:

0    The expression is neither null nor '0'.

1    The expression is null or '0'.

2    The expression is invalid.

See Also
       ed(1), sh(1), test(1)

expr(1)