Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is this possible with SCP?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is this possible with SCP? Post 302284486 by cpabrego on Thursday 5th of February 2009 03:37:34 PM
Old 02-05-2009
Solution

This solution works for me:

Code:
tar czvf  <tar file name>  <root folder or list of each folder> --exclude <filetoexclude>

use scp to download the file compressed files.

Then unpack...
Code:
tar xzvf <tar filename>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scp

I am trying to transfer a 10g files using scp, but I am getting timeout errors is there anywhere that I can modify a config file or something to increase the time. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is scp-ed over?

Hi all, i have a directory in server A. the directory path is /home/kevin. I need to scp the directory to another server B. i would like to ask, when i do a scp of the /home/kevin , i can expect all the files from A to go B. However, how about the hidden files? for example the ssh keys in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with scp

hi all in my script i was using the "scp" command to copy 2 files from a certain directory on server A to the same directory on another server B, but for some reason its only copying the first file in the directory. This is the frst time that i used the scp command,any ideas appreciated. thnks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

scp with su

Hi Friends, I am trying to copy some files over the network in between my linux servers. I am using scp command for this. by default direct ssh root login is disabled on all of my linux servers. Normaly we used to login as a normal user and the su to th root user. unfortunately root user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

5. AIX

scp

1. how to move files in a directory using scp ? 2. how to move the entire directory ? 3. Will the file and the directory permissions affect scp usage? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP

Hi All, Please help on the below command scp -r 'directory name'inrvgo@IP:/export/home/muthu/prod_12-09-2010 I am trying to copy a directory from one server to another server using the above command but its displaing the error (missing destination file) but the diectory was there in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need help with scp

Hi, I am trying to do scp from server A to server B. But while doing the scp i am getting the following message. +-----------------------------------------------------------------+ | This system is for the use of authorized users only. | | Individuals using this computer system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use scp?

How to copy multiple directories using single command on solaris 10 from server A to server B. I tried scp but its working only one directory at atime How to acheive this with simple and short solution????? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
6 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)