Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print as well as count the files found by find command Post 302284304 by Franklin52 on Thursday 5th of February 2009 08:15:26 AM
Old 02-05-2009
Something like this?

Code:
find . -type f | awk '{n++;print}END{print n}'

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find the count of files ina directory

hi Gurus, can anyone provide a awk command to get teh count of number of file sin a specific directory. appreciate any kind of information.. thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find command and list in a long format each found file

The purpose of those comands are to find the newest file in a directory acvrdind to system date, and it has to be recursively found in each directory. The problem is that i want to list in a long format every found file, but the commands i use produce unexpected results ,so the output lists in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command in while loop - how to get control when no files found?

I have the following statement in script: find ${LANDING_FILE_DIR}${BTIME_FILENAME_PATTERN2} -print | while read file; do ... done When there are no files located by the find comand it returns: "find: bad status-- /home/rnitcher/test/....." to the command line How do I get control in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavsman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print: command not found

Hi I have print Apple >> /tmp/temp7.xls as part of my shell script. But when I execute I have the following error. Please help. RT.sh: line 801: print: command not found (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to find one command from multiple files and need to print that file which contains neede com

Hi all i need your help .. I am having a multiple file in directory and i have find out the Rcopy word from these files and need to print those files which contains the Rcopy word Thanks and regards Vijay sahu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with xargs to rm found files

I believe what is happening is rm is executing in the script on every directory and on failure of the first it stops although returns status 0. find $HOME -name /directory/filename | xargs -l rm This is the code I use but file remains. I am using sun solaris system which has way limited... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File count for symlink using find command

Hi Guys, The script which I am using works really good for finding the file count for files that are not symlink. I know I can use find command like: find . -type l | wc -l This way I can get filecount of the symlink but is there a one liner to use -type l and -type f option ? That is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/print all lines between pattern is found in .log files

Hi, I have a folder with multiple (< 33) .log files. And I have to copy the lines between two patterns from all the .log files to a new file. (script file with a loop?) Thanks in advance. 1.log ... .. xx1> begin ... .. .. >>> Total: 2 Alarms .. .. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge X old days files and Print count

Hello All, I am trying to purge X old days of files from directory & Sub directories ./2016-01-13/1500/abc.txt ./2016-01-14/1605/caf.txt ./2016-01-14/1605/caf2.txt ./2016-01-14/1606/eaf.txt ..... ./2017-08-1/1701/ Should also remove directories and sub directories too Expected... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with my Find command to identify last part of a file name and report the name found

Hello Forum, We have two bootstraps of Chef in our environment which are identified by colour: /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/bootstrap_cookbooks_version_green and /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/bootstrap_cookbooks_version_red I'm attempting to identify which version is installed based on the name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
11 Replies
PRINT(3)								 1								  PRINT(3)

print - Output a string

SYNOPSIS
int print (string $arg) DESCRIPTION
Outputs $arg. print is not actually a real function (it is a language construct) so you are not required to use parentheses with its argument list. PARAMETERS
o $arg - The input data. RETURN VALUES
Returns 1, always. EXAMPLES
Example #1 print examples <?php print("Hello World"); print "print() also works without parentheses."; print "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; print "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; print "escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside a print statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; print "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $bar = array("value" => "foo"); print "this is {$bar['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value print 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just print variables print $foo; // foobar print <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon no extra whitespace! END; ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
echo(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group PRINT(3)