Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gcc for AIX
Operating Systems AIX Gcc for AIX Post 302284288 by funksen on Thursday 5th of February 2009 07:25:09 AM
Old 02-05-2009
rpm -i /path/to/rpm/gcc-4.2.0-3.aix5.3.ppc.rpm

there will be problems with dependencies, but all dependencies can be found in the toolbox

in your case, the gcc c++ package is missing, download it too

and libgcc I think

Edit: and please start reading your error messages, since your first post would also be absolutely clear if you just read the message

Last edited by funksen; 02-05-2009 at 08:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getpri on gcc (AIX)

I have tried to use the getpri function (get priority) from the standard C library, using the gcc compiler on AIX, but the function does not seem to reside in the library although it is declared in the header. The gcc was installed the normal way Any ideas ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seeker
1 Replies

2. AIX

gcc compiler on AIX 5.2

Does anybody know a web site where I could download gcc for AIX 5.2 (I've downloaded gcc 3.2 from http://www.bullfreeware.com/, but it doesn't work)? Thanks a lot for your answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMISS
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

5. AIX

gcc with AIX 4.3

hi, i need to install a source code from an open source on AIX 4.3. but first i need to install gcc. is gcc going to screw up AIX 4.3? the box is doing heavy legacy stuff with engine and db2 on it. and over 200 users. any comment would be appreciated. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
9 Replies

6. AIX

Compile gcc on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to compile gcc 3.4.6 on AIX 5.2 but I get this error: bison -t --name-prefix=java_ -o java/parse.c java/parse.y M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or set the M4 environment variable to its path name.make: *** Broken pipe gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
7 Replies

7. AIX

problems with gcc on AIX 4.33

I just installed gcc on AIX 4.33, and I am having some problems with compiling a simple hello world program. See output below for the issue. The "standards.h" file is not on my system and I don't know where to get it. Thanks in advance for your help! # gcc -v Reading specs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

9. Programming

Gcc 4.5.8 on AIX 7.1 issue

after migrate our AIX server from 6.1 to 7.1 , we insalled c compilator with rpm files Server:root:/ > rpm -qa | grep gcc libgcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-cpp-4.8.5-1 gcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-c++-4.8.5-1 but whene we proceed to compile a c programm we have this error exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahia
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 7.1 gcc 4.8.5 issue

hey guys , after migrate our AIX server from 6.1 to 7.1 , we insalled c compilator with rpm files Server:root:/ > rpm -qa | grep gcc libgcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-cpp-4.8.5-1 gcc-4.8.5-1 gcc-c++-4.8.5-1 but whene we proceed to compile a c programm we have this error exec(): 0509-036... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahia
17 Replies
tar(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    tar(4)

NAME
tar - format of tar tape archive DESCRIPTION
The header structure produced by (see tar(1)) is as follows (the array size defined by the constants is shown on the right): All characters are represented in ASCII. There is no padding used in the header block; all fields are contiguous. The fields magic, uname, and gname are null-terminated character strings. The fields name, linkname, and prefix are null-terminated char- acter strings except when all characters in the array contain non-null characters, including the last character. The version field is two bytes containing the characters (zero-zero). The typeflag contains a single character. All other fields are leading-zero-filled octal numbers in ASCII. Each numeric field is terminated by one or more space or null characters. The name and the prefix fields produce the pathname of the file. The hierarchical relationship of the file is retained by specifying the pathname as a path prefix, with a slash character and filename as the suffix. If the prefix contains non-null characters, prefix, a slash character, and name are concatenated without modification or addition of new characters to produce a new pathname. In this manner, path- names of at most 256 characters can be supported. If a pathname does not fit in the space provided, the format-creating utility notifies the user of the error, and no attempt is made to store any part of the file, header, or data on the medium. SEE ALSO
tar(1) STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
tar(4)