Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ? Post 302284080 by avklinux on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 05:13:27 PM
Old 02-04-2009
Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks
AVKlinux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[LINUX] Creating new user accounts

I've had Linux when I was young, on one of our first computers and learned it pretty quickly... However, I've been working on Windows for about 7 years now and just made the switch back to Linux, Mandrake 9.1. So I have some problem with creating new user accounts. I could create one, but once I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arendo
3 Replies

2. Linux

Locked out of Mandrake 9.1 user account

Hi all, I've been using linux/unix now only for a couple of months and was doing ok until about 30 minutes ago... I needed to reboot into my windows 2000 partition, so, in a terminal I typed: shutdown -r now which duly rebooted the PC for me. On getting to the OS selection screen I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
5 Replies

3. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Particular user account shouldn't be locked after entering wrong passwd specfic no. times

Hi all In my system we have implemented user lockout feature after 3 failure attempt if he tries to login directly or if he run the any command through sudo and enter wrong password thrice. Now I have requirement in which particular user account shouldn't be locked when he run the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

New To UNIX - Need Script to create report of user & group accounts

Hi, I'm new to the world of UNIX and have been asked to create a complex script (at least complex to me:confused:) for AIX UNIX to create a report of all the users on the server including server, user, UID, groups, GID, etc. Found a script using lsuser, but the output is still lacking. 2 things I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panthur
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely?

Hello Experts, Need some direction on creating shell script for following environment: We have about 20 people in the team working as Oracle DBA's (sysdba's and appdba's). Total Servers which is a mix of Unix and Linux are 200. We do not have Root user access on any of the servers and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sha2402
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

9. Solaris

User account get locked due to strange behaviours

I am facing strange problem where after three failed login attempt user password must be locked. Actually what is happening, when I take the putty session of the server & enter user name on the prompt at the login prompt & then press enter to enter the password at this time when I checked the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pam.d and make difference between AD User and local user on Linux

Hello, i configured rhel linux 6 with AD directory to authorize windows users to connect on the system and it works. i have accounts with high privileges (oracle for example) if an account is created on the AD server i would to block him. I looked for how to do, for the moment all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincenzo
3 Replies
pgmtexture(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                pgmtexture(1)

NAME
pgmtexture - calculate textural features on a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
pgmtexture [-d d] [pgmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable graymap as input. Calculates textural features based on spatial dependence matrices at 0, 45, 90, and 135 degrees for a distance d (default = 1). Textural features include: (1) Angular Second Moment, (2) Contrast, (3) Correlation, (4) Variance, (5) Inverse Difference Moment, (6) Sum Average, (7) Sum Variance, (8) Sum Entropy, (9) Entropy, (10) Difference Variance, (11) Difference Entropy, (12, 13) Information Measures of Correlation, and (14) Maximal Correlation Coefficient. Algorithm taken from: Haralick, R.M., K. Shanmugam, and I. Dinstein. 1973. Textural features for image classification. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybertinetics, SMC-3(6):610-621. BUGS
The program can run incredibly slow for large images (larger than 64 x 64) and command line options are limited. The method for finding (14) the maximal correlation coefficient, which requires finding the second largest eigenvalue of a matrix Q, does not always converge. REFERENCES
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybertinetics, SMC-3(6):610-621. SEE ALSO
pgm(5), pnmcut(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, employer for hire of James Darrell McCauley. 22 Aug 1991 pgmtexture(1)