Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get Data Between a specific Date Range from logs Post 302284022 by ce9888 on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 01:54:00 PM
Old 02-04-2009
Can you give more details; layout of your log file and the output you want for your data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Write byte range/chunk of data from specific location in file

I am new to Unix so will really appreciate if someone can guide me on this. What I want to do is: Step1: Read binary file - pick first 2 bytes, convert from hex to decimal. Read the next 3 bytes as well. 2 bytes will specify the number of bytes 'n' that I want to read and write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbenipel
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to extract data from the range of date

Hi All, I'm still a newbie in perl programming. I have a data below say in test.tmp The output in test.tmp will be the same data as above sample in test.tmp . So after i get all the 4th column data within the range of month and year i need, then i will use the foreach () code to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miskin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coping Files for a specific date range

Hi, we have file name appended by date in yymmdd format .. ex: abc090101.dat I need to copy all the files between abc090101 to abc090331.. could you plz help me.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kolariya4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific data in a file based on a date range

Hi, Currently I am working on a script to automate the process of converting the log file from binary into text format. To achieve this, partly I am depending on my application’s utility for this conversion and the rest I am relying on shell commands to search for directory, locate the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for logs traced between specific date and time from log file

HI, I want to search for a logs which are trace between specific date and time from logs file. My logs are generated like this :- Tue Jun 18 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to process. Thu Jun 20 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
Poet::Log(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Poet::Log(3pm)

NAME
Poet::Log -- Poet logging SYNOPSIS
# In a conf file... log: defaults: level: info output: poet.log layout: "%d{dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss.SS} [%p] %c - %m - %F:%L - %P%n" category: CHI: level: debug output: chi.log layout: "%d{dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss.SS} %m - %P%n" MyApp::Foo: output: stdout # In a script... use Poet::Script qw($log); # In a module... use Poet qw($log); # In a component... my $log = $m->log; # For an arbitrary category... my $log = Poet::Log->get_logger(category => 'MyApp::Bar'); # then... $log->error("an error occurred"); $log->debugf("arguments are: %s", @_) if $log->is_debug(); DESCRIPTION
Poet uses Log::Any and Log::Log4perl for logging, with simplified configuration for the common case. Log::Any is a logging abstraction that allows CPAN modules to log without knowing about which logging framework is in use. It supports standard logging methods ("$log->debug", "$log->is_debug") along with sprintf variants ("$log->debugf"). Log4perl is a powerful logging package that provides just about any logging-related feature you'd want. One of its only drawbacks is its somewhat cumbersome configuration. So, we provide a way to configure Log4perl simply through Poet configuration if you just want common features. Note: Log4perl is not a strict dependency for Poet. Log messages will simply not get logged until you install it or until you modify logging for your app. CONFIGURATION
The configurations below can go in any Poet conf file, e.g. "local.cfg" or "global/log.cfg". Here's a simple configuration that caches everything to "logs/poet.log" at "info" level. This is also the default if no configuration is present. log: defaults: level: info output: poet.log layout: %d{dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss.SS} [%p] %c - %m - %F:%L - %P%n Here's a more involved configuration that maintains the same default, but adds several categories that are logged differently: log: defaults: level: info output: poet.log layout: "%d{dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss.SS} [%p] %c - %m - %F:%L - %P%n" category: CHI: level: debug output: chi.log layout: "%d{dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss.SS} %m - %P%n" MyApp::Foo: output: stdout For the default and for each category, you can specify three different settings: o level - one of the valid log4perl levels (fatal, error, warn, info, debug, trace) o output - can be a relative filename (which will be placed in the Poet log directory), an absolute filename, or the special names "stdout" or "stderr" o layout - a valid log4perl PatternLayout string. If a setting isn't defined for a specific category then it falls back to the default. In this example, "MyApp::Foo" will inherit the default level and layout. Notice that we use '::' instead of '.' to specify hierarchical category names, because '.' would interfere with Poet::Conf dot notation. Finally, if you must use a full Log4perl configuration file, you can specify it this way: log: log4perl_conf: /path/to/log4perl.conf USAGE
Obtaining log handle o In a script (log category will be 'main'): use Poet::Script qw($log); o In a module "MyApp::Foo" (log category will be 'MyApp::Foo'): use Poet qw($log); o In a component "/foo/bar" (log category will be 'Mason::Component::foo::bar'): my $log = $m->log; o Manually for an arbitrary log category: my $log = Poet::Log->get_logger(category => 'Some::Category'); # or my $log = MyApp::Log->get_logger(category => 'Some::Category'); Using log handle $log->error("an error occurred"); $log->debugf("arguments are: %s", @_) if $log->is_debug(); See "Log::Any|Log::Any" for more details. MODIFIABLE METHODS
These methods are not intended to be called externally, but may be useful to override or modify with method modifiers in subclasses. Their APIs will be kept as stable as possible. initialize_logging Called once when the Poet environment is initialized. By default, initializes log4perl with the results of "generate_log4perl_config" and then calls "Log::Any::Adapter->set('Log4perl')". You can modify this to initialize log4perl in your own way, or use a different Log::Any adapter, or use a completely different logging system. generate_log4perl_config Returns a log4perl config string based on Poet configuration. You can modify this to construct and return your own config. SEE ALSO
Poet AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Jonathan Swartz. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 Poet::Log(3pm)