Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How Can i recover Bootable File Through a Cdrom Post 302283912 by Sharath Kumar on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 10:22:19 AM
Old 02-04-2009
How Can i recover Bootable File Through a Cdrom

Hi To All,

I Have Unfortunately Deleted my Grub,Initrd,Vmlinuz files. And am adding these files By using Rescue Mode, But it is not properly working.

Give Me a Solution.

Iam looking forward from any one.

Thanks in Advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover DIsk and make bootable

Hello all, I'm trying to recover from backup file to a new system with a new disk. I'm able to partition my new hard drive the same way as my old drive, but I'm unable to boot off of it. I have set the fdisk to toogle as a boot flag. But it does not seem to be working. Does anyone know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

2. Solaris

cdrom, short file name

Hello on my cdrom, the length of the file names are 8 characters, not > 8. On a linux with the same cd, there are > 8 characters. What's wrong. Tanks Urs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover system file

Hi everyone I have a sun fire v880 server there having a system file problem it gets currupted. i haven't taken backup of that.i want to recover system file. i have not any tape drive ,CDDRIVE & machine is also not in network. so how i can recover system file. Is there any procedure for that or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

5. AIX

How do I create a bootable mksysb image file

I have several systems which require software maintenance several times a year. After the software maintenance, it is required that we make two system tapes for DR purposes. The creation of these system tapes takes anywhere from 1-1.5 hours because of the performance of the tape drives. What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover the truncate file

hi All, how to recover the truncate file in unix. Thanks!:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cannot recover root passwd through serial console mode by using CDROM

hi i cant recovery root passwd through serial console mode by using CDROM.. i tried following step but no luck in ok prompt : ok boot cdrom -s it comes single user mode i check format cmd it showing disk c1t0d0 c1t2d0 then #mount /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 /a #cd /a # vi /etc/shadow ( it... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover deleted file?

Hi All By mistake i have deleted some file in a directory, is there any way to get it back in Unix( i am using sh ) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make pxe file bootable

hi, i recently built a pxe file the problem is I don't know how to add it in the pxe server. I was wondering if you guys know how to add my pxe file in the pxe server so that when I run the device we're using, I can go lan boot then at boot: I will just type a text and it will boot the built... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

10. Boot Loaders

Is Unetbootin capable of making any iso file bootable

1)It is a great experience to achieve what I got today. I had downloaded GParted iso file (135 MB size). Now to make a bootable usb of it, I used unetbootin and to surprise I succeded in entering Gparted application and modified my partitions. Earlier I was in a notion that it is used only for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
0 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-chmod - Change ECaccess File Mode Bits SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-chmod -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-chmod [-debug] mode ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow changing the ECaccess File Mode Bits of the given ecaccess-file according to mode, which is an octal number representing the bit pattern for the new mode bits. The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
mode Octal number representing the bit pattern for the new mode bits (e.g. 0600). ecaccess-file The name of the ECaccess File to change the File Mode Bits. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-chmod 0700 ec:bin/a.out Change the File Mode Bits to Read and Write for owner and Read for everybody else on a File in the bin directory of the ECFS directory of the authenticated user. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p)