Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk using env variable as search argument Post 302283910 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 10:17:47 AM
Old 02-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgersh99
didn't you mean this:
Code:
nawk -F"#" -v var=$luster '$0 ~ var {print $NF}' checkNewWebsphereErr.data

That's what I mean. Smilie

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to search a file using variable given from user

Hi! I want to print selected lines from a file using awk.The file contains 6 columns(dates,time,title,description,location and attendees). So i ask the user to insert the date that he wants to display and then search the file for the matching dates so i can print the line. echo Give the date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for awk pattern in unix env variable

For a Script I need to detemine which field of the unix environment variable SHLIB_PATH has the WALTDB entry. export SHLIB_PATH=/usr/user5/WALTDB/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib32:/usr/TZD/bin.wdad/mug/oracle/lib: echo $SHLIB_PATH | awk -F: '{ print $1 }' Shure gives me the first entry, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read env variables from argument file

Hi, I have a generic shell script (runBatchJob.sh) to read files (batchJob) with commands in them and execute the commands by reading the batchJob file as below ./runBatchJob.sh batchJob batchJob file $BATCHDIR/execute_procedure.sh $DATADIR/collectData.sh $OTHER_ENV_VAR/doSomething.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bOngY
10 Replies

4. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the shell variable inside awk

Hai, I need to search a variable inside a file using awk in AIX. for ex: file.txt one two three four five i need to get the lines with two awk '/two/ {print}' file.txt But i need to change the two as a variable since it would be changed on runtime..i tried like below..nothing give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search using variable

Hi Forum. I have the following script that I would like to use a variable to search using awk but it's not working as expected: # Define working variables token_search_string=536088 token_search_length=16 This code example works by hardcoding 536088 in the string search: awk -v... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable search and line count between variable-search pattern

Input: |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:48:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:49:54 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:54:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:55:45 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:00:02 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:01:44 BST 2016... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in column using variable: awk

I'm interested to match column pattern through awk using an external variable for data: -9 1:751343:T:A -9 0 T A 0.726 -5.408837e-03 9.576603e-03 7.967536e-01 5.722312e-01 -9 1:751756:T:C -9 0 T C 0.727 -5.360458e-03 9.579447e-03 7.966977e-01 5.757858e-01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -Search pattern through Variable

Hello, We have wrote shell script for multiple file name search pattern. file format: <numner>_<20180809>.txt starting with single number and ending with 8 digits number Command: awk -v string="12_1234" -v serch="^+_+$" "BEGIN{ if (string ~/serch$/) print string }" If sting matches... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)