Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compile c program on Sun Solaris OS Post 302283879 by shivu on Wednesday 4th of February 2009 09:33:20 AM
Old 02-04-2009
compiling c programs

In getting error as gcc: not found
It means to say i have to install gcc? how to do it on remote server?

Thanks
shiva

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to compile a program

how do i go about compiling a simple hello world script in mandrake linux? this is something i have had no luck in finding on the main site, please help? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CmpKillr
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile a c program by using gcc

Hi all, Yeasterday I try to compile c program by using cygwin. I just find an errors the fist one is concerinig about the end of the line. To summit my Assignment which is the day after tommorow I have to compile my c program by using just gcc. If any one know what do I have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bell
5 Replies

3. Programming

how to compile a program statically

how can i do static compilation in cc and -lldap i have system defined and user defined header file. Can any one suggest any site where from i can get some information about static and dynamic compilation. Thankx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhakti
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Solaris Audit Program

Hi All, Any one has, sun solaris audit program which covers everything one need to check as a security auditor. Audit Program will help. Thanks, Ghanshyam Emails not allowed - see the Rules (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghanshyampatel
4 Replies

5. BSD

How to compile a c program in freeBSD

Hi , I have freeBSD installed. I need to compile a c program which has embedded informix sql statement in it. Can you please help me to to do the same. I need to know what I should I do to make BSD compatable to compile the c program ? Thanks in advance Jisha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

6. Programming

Compile and Run C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. I not getting the answer anywhere. Please....... reply to me. Advance thanks......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
0 Replies

7. Programming

compile a c program

I am trying to compile a c program on AIX 5.3L 64-bit unix. I have used this program in the past and it works. Does anybody know what this error means? /usr/local/bin> gcc get_epoch_secs.c get_epoch_secs gcc: get_epoch_secs: No such file or directory get_epoch_secs.c: In function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in GUI based program on Sun Solaris

Hello! I am trying to run a program which has used Xlib for its graphical user interface on Solaris through Common Desktop Environment(CDE). All I get is my three required widows open but all blank.They suppose to show some symbols, pictures ad buttons.In the command terminal the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asif92
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compile a c program in a encrypted way

Hi Guys, I wonder I had have a look to the cc compile options but I could be missing one but basically I'm compliling a c program where I will storing a command to connect to a database and also userid and password. The issue is that after the module is generated using a command like strings I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
14 Replies

10. Solaris

Compile PHP 5.3.6 with MySql on Sun Blade 1500 Solaris 10

Hello, I'm trying to compile PHP 5.3.6 with Apache2 and MySql 5.5.12. I hit a problem that I can't seem to resolve by myself and I could not find a solution on the web. It looks like Apache and MySql installed ok, I can start/stop them with no problem. When I try to compile PHP the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
4 Replies
cxref-cpp(1)						      General Commands Manual						      cxref-cpp(1)

NAME
cxref-cpp - A modified C preprocessor to use with cxref. SYNOPSIS
cxref-cpp ... DESCRIPTION
To improve the output that is available for the source code for cross-referencing a modified version of the GNU CPP v2.7.2 is supplied (named cxref-cpp). This modified C preprocessor allows for a finer control over some features of the preprocessing that are not important for a compiler. In a standard preprocessor, the preprocessor directives are intended for use only by the preprocessor, so passing the information through is not important. With cxref-cpp, there are some features that are different to the standard GNU CPP: Compared to gcc versions earlier than version 2.8.0 there is an extra option that will output the #include lines from the source file. In version 2.8.0 and later this option is present. Comments trailing a #include or a #define are not preserved by all versions of gcc even if the -C option is used. This is not important while compiling, but is useful for documenting. The cxref-cpp program will take on the personality of the installed version of gcc so that the gcc header files can be parsed. This means that it includes the same default include directory paths and macro definitions. The file that contains these definitions is called cxref-cpp.defines and is installed by the cxref-cpp-configure program or specified by the -cxref-cpp-defines command line option. OPTIONS
The same as for gcc, apart from '-cxref-cpp-defines' described above. SEE ALSO
cxref(1), cxref-cpp-configure(1), gcc(1) May 9, 2004 cxref-cpp(1)