Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl function to sort a file based on key fields Post 302283728 by KevinADC on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 11:34:02 PM
Old 02-04-2009
That will not sort the dates and could be very inefficient since it calculates the sort keys over and over. The use of the cached key sort (Schwartzian Transform) I posted avoids that problem although the epoch() function could potentially be called more than once for the same sort key.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Help with sort a text file with some fields

Ive got a file called listacdrs with this structure: 01/09/2006 12:13 p.m. 1.046.528 CF0155.DAT 01/09/2006 12:13 p.m. 1.046.528 CF0156.DAT 01/09/2006 12:13 p.m. 1.046.528 CF0157.DAT 01/09/2006 12:13 p.m. 1.046.528 CF0158.DAT 01/09/2006 12:14 p.m. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a text inside a file based on a xml key

<c-param> <param-name>Number</param-name> <param-value>22</param-value> <description>my house number</description> </c-param> <c-param> <param-name>Address</param-name> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort function in perl

Hi, here is my perl script.This script creates an array and is sorting it using the in-built sort function in perl. #!/usr/local/bin/perl my number=6; my @num_arr=(1,2,3,4,5); my @array=(23,"$number","Hello",2.345,@num_arr); #printing the array print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort the fields in a comma delimited file

Hi, I have a comma delimited file. I want to sort the fields alphabetically and again store them in a comma delimited file. For example, My file looks like this. abc,aaa,xyz,xxx,def pqr,ggg,eee,iii,qqq zyx,lmo,pqr,abc,fff and I want my output to look like this, all fields sorted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swethapatil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two files based on a 3rd key file

Hi, I want to merge the two files based on the key file's columns. The key file: DATE~DATE HOUSE~IN_HOUSE CUST~IN_CUST PRODUCT~PRODUCT ADDRESS~CUST_ADDR BASIS_POINTS~BASIS_POINTS ... The other 2 files are From_file & To_file - The From_file: DATE|date/time|29|9 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
9 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the values based on a Key using awk from single file

Hi, Please help to fetch the values for a key from below data format in linux. Sample Input Data Format 11055005|PurchaseCondition|GiftQuantity|1 11055005|PurchaseCondition|MinimumPurchase|400 11055005|GiftCatalogEntryIdentifier|Id|207328014 11429510|PurchaseCondition|GiftQuantity|1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Modify a file content in UNIX and sort for only required fields ?

I have the below contents in a file after making the below curl call curl ... | grep -E "state|Rno" | paste -sd',\n' | grep "Disconnected" > test "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "5554f1d2" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "10587563" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav H
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC File Split Based On Record Key

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to split a variable length EBCDIC file into seperate files based on the record key. I have the COBOL layout, and so I need to split the file into 13 different EBCDIC files so that I can run each one through a C++ converter I have, and get the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanshot1stx
11 Replies
DCSORT(1)					      DICOM PS3 - Make sorted list of images						 DCSORT(1)

NAME
dcsort - ACR/NEMA DICOM PS3 ... DICOM PS3 - Make sorted list of images SYNOPSIS
dcsort " inputfile1 [ inputfile2 ... ]" [ -v|verbose ] [ -vv|veryverbose ] [ -vvv|veryveryverbose ] [ -index ] [ -show ] [ -interval ] [ -tolerance mm ] [ -check ] [ -checkFoR ] [ -descending ] [ -sortby|k attributename ] DESCRIPTION
dcsort reads the named dicom input files and sorts them by the specified sort key. The sort key should be a single valued numeric attribute, with the exception of ImageOrientationPatient and ImagePositionPatient which are handled as special cases. There is no output by default unless the index or verbose options are specified. OPTIONS
The output and errors go to standard error. The basic input switches are described in dcintro(1). Options specific to this program are: -index Creates a first column of output that is the index in the sort order, starting from 0, and a second column that is the filename. -show Show the value of the sort key after the file name with the -index option -interval Show the interval between values of the sort key, or an error if not equal -tolerance mm The tolerance value in mm to use when comparing intervals between slices; defaults to +/- 0.01 mm if unspecified -check Check that all the images are from the same series. -checkFoR Check that all the images have the same Frame of Reference (UID). -descending Sort in descending, rather than the default ascending, order. -sortby|k attributename Specify attributename as the sort key. ENVIRONMENT
EXAMPLES
% dcsort -index -sortby SliceLocation ./1/[0-9]* 0 ./1/1 1 ./1/2 FILES
SEE ALSO
dcintro(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993-2010. David A. Clunie DBA PixelMed Publishing. All rights reserved. BUGS
DICOM PS3 22 December 2006 DCSORT(1)