Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration) Post 302283553 by soupbone38 on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 01:35:43 PM
Old 02-03-2009
Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS to Veritas migration

...I have a situation where I disks that I mirrored using Solstice Disksuite now need mirroring under Veritas Volume manager...would anyone know the best way to go about 'un-mirroring' and then removing SDS? I can see references in /etc/vfstab and /etc/system that I guess would need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation

Hi. I've been working with UNIX/Linux for several years, but never in a VSF environment where I actually got to use any of it. I downloaded the basic package for free (Don't worry, Symantec now allows for this for limited use) and intend to try this out on Linux and Solaris (also not my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question

How do you get the total size of the LUNS currently online on a Solaris 10 server running Symantec Storage Foundation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

4. Solaris

VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0

HI friends, i'm planning tot study VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 .but i didn't get the study meterial (pdf or URL link). Any one can help me to get the PDF . Rgds, Jay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VERITAS Storage Foundation

Hi I have some practical experience with VERITAS Volume Manager and File System. Now I want to appear for VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 certification. From my previous experience with Solaris certification I can say that some kind of preparation with sample/practice questions would be highly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Storage migration: zones and metasets

Hi all, I'm in a situation which i need to understand the best way of doing a migration of storage involved in a zone.Elements involved are solaris 10 (Generic_144488-08), metasets. I need to provision more storage to the said non-global zone and not aware of the "best practices" from the ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Storage migration from VMAX to VNXHe

Hello, We are considering storage migration for RAC database servers(using ASM) from VMAX to VNX? Any good/bad pointers in this regards please. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
CipUX::Storage::Client(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       CipUX::Storage::Client(3pm)

NAME
CipUX::Storage::Client - Command line client library for CipUX-Storage VERSION
version 3.4.0.2 SYNOPSIS
use CipUX::Storage::Client; my $c = CipUX::Storage::Client->new( { name => 'cipux_storage_client' } ); $c->run(); DESCRIPTION
Provides the functions get_value, set_value to modify LDAP attribute values. The function add_node, delete_node and rename_node for adding, deleting and renaming LDAP objects. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS The following functions will be exported by CipUX::Storage::Client. new Constructor Syntax: my $storage = CipUX::Storage::Client->new({}); cipux_storage_add_node Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->add_node. cipux_storage_delete_node Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->delete_node. cipux_storage_get_all_values Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->get_all_values. cipux_storage_get_value Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->get_value. cipux_storage_list Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->print_list. cipux_storage_rename_node Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->rename_node. cipux_storage_set_all_values Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->set_all_values. cipux_storage_set_value Wrapper subroutine for CipUX::Storage->set_value. run Initialize the library. Should be caleld by a script. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
See cipux-storage-access.conf and cipux-storage-structure.conf man page for details on configuration. CipUX::Storage do not use the environment for configuration. DEPENDENCIES
Carp Class::Std; CipUX CipUX::Storage Data::Dumper English Getopt::Long Log::Log4perl Pod::Usage Readonly INCOMPATIBILITIES
Not known. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Not known. SEE ALSO
See the CipUX web page and the manual at <http://www.cipux.org> See the mailing list http://sympa.cipworx.org/wws/info/cipux-devel <http://sympa.cipworx.org/wws/info/cipux-devel> AUTHOR
Christian Kuelker <christian.kuelker@cipworx.org> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 - 2009 by Christian Kuelker This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA perl v5.12.3 2011-05-05 CipUX::Storage::Client(3pm)