Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX crontab isn't excuting some commands Post 302283539 by jyoung on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 12:43:53 PM
Old 02-03-2009
Do a search on cron or crontab in these forums. You should find the answer you are looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

differnce between working of at and crontab commands

h I would like to know the differnce (both working and how) between at command and crontab.. Thanks in advance Satish D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doddas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excuting Multiple shell files in sequesnce

Hi, I have two shell scripts each executing a java process independently. These are two independent processes and I need to sequence them using another shell script. What I did was created another shell script and called these independent shell scripts in it. It runs fine, however from time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_arunesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting UNIX Functions under several username and host

Hi, I am facing a issue in one of my script, Please help me on the same. Below I have the example. Example: I have two functions(host(),user()) in a single file named test1.ksh File Name: test1.ksh host () { HOST=`hostname` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samvino
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in excuting my First Shell Script

Hi i am a newbie to unix /Linux .Please help I have a following script which says that there is a syntax error :( My program is echo Enter two Numbers read a b if echo First is greater else echo Second is greater fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

excuting the following code

hi i am trying the below code for the following |_ | |_ | |_ |_ | |_ |_ |_ | |_ |_ |_ |_ and for this code also * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * !/bin/bash #i = "*" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab - runninf a java script just isn't quite working...

hi gurus. I have a little script that runs java from a certain directory. This script runs fine when run manually but when I try to schedule it, it fails to find the script. little_script.sh.. /<directory of java>/java -classpath... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrCarter
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMAN commands inside crontab shell script

Hello I'm trying to write simple script to delete archive logs for RMAN, unfortunately it's not working, I tried two way to do that: #!/bin/ksh echo "Start ....." rman target=/ << EOF RUN { delete force noprompt archivelog until time 'sysdate-10'; } EXIT; EOF echo "END ..." echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab jobs excuting

Hi i want to run the cronjob from 7 Am till 11.30Am for every 5 minutes from monday to friday. can anyone help? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheesh_charle
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting colorcode when excuting html in UNIX

Hi i have below code which i am running and the out i want should be in red color echo "<html>" >> ERROR_FILE.html echo "<Body>" >> ERROR_FILE.html nawk 'BEGIN{print "<table border="1">"} {print "<tr>"; print "<TD colspan="0" bgcolor="#DC143C">"; for(i=1;i<NF;i++)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error in excuting while loop

can you please support me to understand what is wrong in this code, I am getting error as sytnax error near unexpected token if if then code is cat text.txt | /path/mapper.sh data in file is hi hi how how are you while read line do for word in $line do if then wcount=`echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)