Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help needed on unix mail with bcc, Post 302283510 by aravindbachu on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 11:54:31 AM
Old 02-03-2009
Help needed on unix mail with bcc,

Hello Everyone,

I'm using UNIX 5.3, I'm using command line mailx or mail command to send emails to multiple email addresses and i need to include bcc (background corbon copy). Some Manuals says i can use -b flag to send to bcc but my unix does not recognize the flag "-b". And some manuals says use ~b in editor. Can anyone help me in this or anyone have any example code with bcc option. Only command line is needed.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Aravind

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix mail with bcc option

Hello Everyone, I'm using UNIX 5.3, I'm using command line mailx or mail command to send emails to multiple email addresses and i need to include bcc (background corbon copy). Some Manuals says i can use -b flag to send to bcc but my unix does not recognize the flag "-b". And some manuals says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aravindbachu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail command with bcc, cc

Can anyone tell me how to add bcc or cc email address to mail command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aravindbachu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mail to personal mail, Strange behavour

Hi. I am running a script on solaris 10 and mailing it to my personal email. the script is ran as user xxx, And i have edited the crontab for user xxx to run the script and mail it to my email account. /network_check.sh | /usr/bin/mailx -s "Network Test" k454@hotmail.com the sript... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bcc in mailx command in Unix

Hi, At present we have been using the mailx command which is working perfectly and the command is as follows; mailx -s "$DESCR1" -c $DLIST_CC -r $REPLY $DLIST We would like to add a Blind carbon copy "Bcc" in this mailing list using mailx. Please let us know how this can be done in ksh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find/mail help needed

so I saved a mail message of mine to a new dir/file My question is how do I find the path to my file containing my saved email from my home dir prompt in unix? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting mailx to send true Bcc mail to multiple recipients

I am having trouble getting mailx to send multiple Bcc mails out without everyone in the list of recipients seeing everyone else's email addresses. I looked at the man pages of my system and seem to be following the syntax correctly, but the mails still go out as if I were just putting in a list of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: legrandtimonier
7 Replies
comsat(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 comsat(8)

NAME
comsat - The biff server SYNOPSIS
comsat DESCRIPTION
The comsat server receives reports of incoming mail and notifies users who request this service. comsat is invoked by the inetd(8) daemon when it receives messages on a datagram port associated with the biff(1) service specification in /etc/services(4). The datagram contains a 1-line message of the form: user@mailbox-offset If the user specified is logged in and the associated terminal has the owner execute bit turned on (with biff y), offset is used as a seek offset into the file named in mailbox. The first 7 lines or 560 characters of the mes- sage are printed on the user's system. The message excludes mail header lines other than the From or Subject lines. The comsat command always tries to convert incoming mail messages from the mail interchange codeset to the user's application codeset. It determines the mail interchange code first by checking the mail message itself to see if it contains the required information. Otherwise, the system-wide default mail interchange code in the file /usr/lib/mail-codesets will be used. If no such system file exists, no codeset conversion will be performed. The determination of the user's application code in each terminal session is by one of the following methods. The application codeset defined in the user's Asian tty driver. The codeset name stored in the ~/.codesetdevname file, where devname is the name of the terminal device for the current terminal session. You can obtain the value of devname by issuing the tty command. For example, if the tty command returns /dev/ttys8, use ttys8 as the value for devname. The lang valued option defined in $HOME/.mailrc or /usr/share/lib/Mail.rc. FILES
Specifies the command path. Includes information about logged-in users and their associated ttys. File containing mailx subcommands to customize mailx for a specific user. File containing mailx subcommands to change mailx for all users on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: biff(1), inetd(8), mailx(1), mh(1) Files: services(4), inetd.conf(4), tty(7) delim off comsat(8)