Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers install C compiler without make Post 302283364 by johnsmithgr8 on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 07:31:54 AM
Old 02-03-2009
install C compiler without make

Hi all,

I dont have much knowledge about linux, but want to learn.

I have installed Plop linux(PLoP - Home) on USB Flashdrive. I want to install gcc compiler to it. The installation of C compiler ask for make command, which is not found in the distribution. When I tried to install gnu make, it give the message that no C compiler found.
So how to install any one of them without having the other?

Please help me
Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

acc compiler install question

Hello, New to the board. Experienced solaris admin, unexperienced HP admin. I'm trying to install the acc compiler package B3913DB off of the HP-UX 11.0 application software CD. I have the cd mounted on another system, and nfs mounted as /mnt on the HP-UX box. I don't have a whole lot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

3. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

C compiler and make command

Hey Guys.... I installed Solaris 10 (10/08) on _X86 platform, I need install any software of load balance. I find the pen-0.18.0-sol10-x86-local software. I cant finish the install process , i dont find the make command, I think this command is associated to the C compiler process. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

6. AIX

install two different compiler version

Hi all. I have a simple question. There's a way to install under AIX system (5.3) two different compiler version, i.e. ibm xlf fortran 11 and 12? Seems that smitty doesn't allows user to change the default installation path; it only allows you to save the replaced files of the superseded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poldo000
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Install cobol compiler

Hi I dont have a cobol compiler in my redhhat linux box, and so I want to install it. When i try the below command sudo apt-get install open-cobol it tells "apt-get : command not found". I tried to find apt-get under my root, could not find it anywhere. Should we install apt-get also?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx_freak
4 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

How should I install 'make' compiler ?

I need too install GDB in order to debug a program. I need to install GDB through the UNIX command 'make install'. I downloaded a full directory of hundreds of files allowing to get a gdb executable but need a compilation before ... The problem is UNIX can't find 'make' command. I work under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
5 Replies

10. Fedora

Make check install and make all install

hi dear i want to know what is different between make check install and make all install? thanks in advane fereshte (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: komijani
3 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010, 2011. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.16.2 2012-10-08 Inline-Support(3)