Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Check weather a file is in use or not? Post 302283278 by zaxxon on Tuesday 3rd of February 2009 02:38:54 AM
Old 02-03-2009
Can try it with lsof.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check weather file is blank or not?

Dear All I want to do following task. Kindly suggest. In my script every hour one file is genarated. say xyz.txt. Now if this file contain some data then i want to do task A and if file is blank then i want to do nothing. Kindly help me to do this. regards jaydeep (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not

Hi all, Please tell me how to verify weather it is a ebcdic file or not . I checked with file commond but it is giving like International Language text. Regards, Chaitu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_chaitanya
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

save weather radar to local time-named file every 15 minutes

I think I can do this myself now, but I am always amazed by how people can do things cleaner and simpler than I end up doing... Using cron, I want to save the image found at: http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/RadarImg/centgrtlakes.gif every 15 minutes to a local file , such as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brucewestfall
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Geo Weather Challenge

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. A couple days ago I was trying to find a simple script that would return an individual's local weather conditions using I.P. based geolocation. After many failed search attempts, I began my quest to create this for myself. I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for weather / forecast

#!/bin/sh #Argentina Only :s # This script requires curl and iconv, iconv is because they do not use Weather Service utf-8 ¬¬ # 87938 = Ushuaia # 87934 = Rio Grande # 87418 = Mendoza # 87582 = Capital Federal # 87692 = Mar del Plata # 87480 = Rosario # 87344 = Cordoba # 87371 = Santa Fe ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamirokuay
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use PYTHON to collect data weather and print in new file

Hi all, i have a task to do with Python and because i'm a beginner on it i would like your help on this. Create a python script that: Every hour collect the Temperature (e.g. 29C) and Current Condition (e.g. Clear) from this website wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html Create a CSV... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragaga123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a return value weather smartctl is running a (short) selftest or not

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck here.. I'm trying to write a script, which should start a short selftest via smartctl, for example smartctl -t short /dev/sda and after the test is finished I want it to write the new smartvalues in a logfile. well... Now I need a return value for wether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phill971
1 Replies
Weather::Com::AirPressure(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Weather::Com::AirPressure(3pm)

NAME
Weather::Com::AirPressure - class containing barometric pressure data SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl -w use Weather::Com::Finder; # you have to fill in your ids from weather.com here my $PartnerId = 'somepartnerid'; my $LicenseKey = 'mylicense'; my %weatherargs = ( 'partner_id' => $PartnerId, 'license' => $LicenseKey, ); my $weather_finder = Weather::Com::Finder->new(%weatherargs); my @locations = $weather_finder->find('Heidelberg'); my $currconditions = $locations[0]->current_conditions(); print "Barometric pressure is ", $currconditions->pressure()->pressure(), " "; print "and it's ", $currconditions->pressure()->tendency(), " "; DESCRIPTION
Via Weather::Com::AirPressure one can access the barometric pressure and its tendency. This class will not be updated automatically with each call to one of its methods. You need to call the "pressure()" method of the parent object again to update your object. CONSTRUCTOR
You usually would not construct an object of this class yourself. This is implicitely done when you call the "pressure()" method of one current conditions or forecast object. METHODS
pressure() Returns the barometric pressure. tendency([$language]) Returns the tendency of the barometric pressure. This attribute is dynamic language enabled. AUTHOR
Thomas Schnuecker, <thomas@schnuecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Thomas Schnuecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The data provided by weather.com and made accessible by this OO interface can be used for free under special terms. Please have a look at the application programming guide of weather.com (<http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html>)! perl v5.8.8 2007-07-09 Weather::Com::AirPressure(3pm)