Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting done' unexpected and do' unmatched Post 302282982 by LRoberts on Monday 2nd of February 2009 10:04:06 AM
Old 02-02-2009
Hhhhhmmmm I must be blind. I am not seeing it? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete unmatched data

Hi, I try to write script to compare 2 data file (list of numbers) which after that I want to delete unmatched numbers and create new file for matched numbers. Can anybody to help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazri76
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

else unmatched

I'm getting an else unmatched error on the script below.. For info : SYDB is the database name entered as a param on the command line. #Check the DB name HBDB=`sql $SYDB <<_END_ | grep '^|' | grep -v dbase | sed 's/|//g' | sed 's/ //g' set autocommit on; \p\g set lockmode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.hamilton
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

input file unmatched

Hello guys, I am trying to run an installer through my script. Whatever yes/no or values required during the installation is provided by an answer file (answ.txt) ./install < /var/answ.txt Now, during the installation, it asks for: 1) press return to continue 2) press 3 and hit enter 3)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

`for' unmatched

:b:Hi guys, I am getting this error in this piece of code, Any help will be appreciate rypidoc.shl: syntax error at line 79 : `for' unmatched ##Determine if there is a file to process ls 3526*.dat > /dev/null 2>&1 if then exit fi for i in 3526*.dat do # Capture just the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove unmatched values

Below is my requirement : unmatched values should get deleted from file1 file1 A-1 B-1 C-1 D-2 E-3 F-4 file2 D C F output C-1 D-2 F-4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown error - ``' unmatched

Hi Guys, I get the error while running below commands. Earlier the command used to execute, but after enclosing them in a function, the error is occuring backupPath=`echo $folderName | sed -e 's,/vobs/dte/itgClient/client/RegressionTestLibPostOHS/,,'` check_event=`cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Unmatched name from given lists..

i have two lists, list1 => abc jones oracle smith ssm tty list2 => abc jones lmn smith ssm xyz now i want to print only those names which are present in list2 and want to remove names from list2 which presents in list1. so i want OUTPUT => lmn xyz because "abc jones smith ssm" from list2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Killer420
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmatched <<

Hi, I am running sinple ksh script . From some reason it failed on the following error: ./ogg_status.sh: syntax error at line 16 : `<<' unmatched Please advise. #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/software/oracle/DB10gR2 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/software/oracle/DB10gR2/lib:/usr/lib... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with unmatched condition

Hi Gurus, I'm facing some issues with multiple conditions in my if statement. if (!($InputLine=~/^Date/)) && (!($fields eq "VEN")) { Above is the line troughing some syntax errors. I am trying to avoid the below creteria lines to process in my logic. Records starting with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< unmatched error

Hi all, I want to call a plsql package that does not return any value. I am using the following script to do so: sqlplus $UserNamePwd <<EOF set head off begin test_pkg.procedure('$DebugFlag'); end; exit EOF if then log_message "procedure failed." exit 1 fi exit $? I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
2 Replies
mh-mail(5mh)															      mh-mail(5mh)

Name
       mh-mail - message format for MH message system

Description
       MH  processes  messages	in  a  particular  format.  Although neither Bell nor Berkeley mailers produce message files in the format that MH
       prefers, MH can read message files in that format.

Each user has a maildrop that initially receives all messages processed by

The command reads from the maildrop and incorporates the new messages found there into the user's own folder.  The maildrop consists of one
       or more messages.

Messages  are  expected to consist of lines of text.  Graphics and binary data are not handled.	No data compression is accepted.  All text
       is in ASCII 7-bit data.

The general memo framework of RFC 822 is used.  A message consists of a block of information in a rigid format, followed  by  general  text
       with  no  specified  format.  The rigidly-formatted first part of a message is called the message header; the free-format portion is called
       the body.  The header must always exist, but the body is optional.  These parts are separated by a blank line or by a line of dashes.   The
       following example shows the standard default MH mail header:
       To:
       cc:
       Subject:
       --------

The  header  is composed of one or more header items.  Each header item can be viewed as a single logical line of ASCII characters.  If the
       text of a header item extends across several real lines, the continuation lines are indicated by leading spaces or tabs.

Each header item is called a component and is composed of a keyword or name, along with associated text.  The keyword begins  at  the  left
       margin, and is terminated by a colon (:).  It cannot contain spaces or tabs, and cannot exceed 63 characters, as specified by RFC 822.

The  text  for most formatted components, such as Date: and Message-Id:, is produced automatically.  The user enters address fields such as
       To: and cc:, and the Subject: field.  Internet addresses are assigned mailbox names and host computer specifications.  The  general  format
       is  local@domain,  for example, MH@UCI or MH@UCI-ICSA.ARPA.  A comma (,) separates multiple addresses.  A missing host/domain is assumed to
       be the local host/domain.

A blank line (or a line of dashes) signals that all following text up to the end of the file is the body of the message.  No formatting	is
       expected or enforced within the body.

The following is a list of header components that are considered meaningful to MH programs:

Date:	 Added by contains the date and time of the message's entry into the transport system.

From:	 Added	by  contains the address of the author or authors (there may be more than one if a Sender: field is present).  Replies are
		 typically directed to addresses in the Reply-To: or From: field.  The former has precedence, if present.

Sender:	 Added by in the event that the message already has a From: line.  This line contains the address of the actual  sender.   Replies
		 are never sent to addresses in the Sender: field.

To:	 Contains addresses of primary recipients.

cc:	 Contains addresses of secondary recipients.

Bcc:	 Contains  the	addresses of recipients who receive blind carbon copies of the message.  The Bcc: line does not appear on the mes-
		 sage as sent, so these recipients are not listed.  Recipients in the Bcc: field receive a copy of  the  message  with	a  minimal
		 header.  MH uses an encapsulation method for blind copies; see

Fcc:	 Causes  to copy the message into the specified folder for the sender, if the message was successfully given to the transport sys-
		 tem.

Message-ID:
		 A unique message identifier added by if the -msgid flag is set.

Subject:  Sender's commentary.  It is displayed by

In-Reply-To:
		 A commentary line added by when replying to a message.

Resent-Date:
		 Added by when a message is re-distributed.

Resent-From:
		 Added by when a message is re-distributed.

Resent-To:
		 New recipients for a message re-sent by

Resent-cc:
		 New secondary recipients for a message re-sent by

Resent-Bcc:
		 New blind carbon copy recipients for a message re-sent by

Resent-Fcc:
		 Places a copy of a message re-sent by into the sender's folder.

Resent-Message-Id:
		 A unique identifier of a message re-sent by This is appended by if the -msgid flag is set.

Resent:	 Annotation added by when the -annotate option is specified.

Forwarded:
		 Annotation added by when the -annotate option is specified.

Replied:  Annotation added by when the -annotate option is specified.

Files
       Standard location of mail drop.

See Also
       Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC 822)

mh-mail(5mh)