Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: processing tcpflow output
Special Forums IP Networking processing tcpflow output Post 302282933 by sysgate on Monday 2nd of February 2009 07:39:16 AM
Old 02-02-2009
Hello, while looking at the internet man page for tcpflow, -r switch means "Read packets from file, which was created using the -w option of tcpdump". Are you sure that you've got the right ones ? When you run "file" against the files, what does it say ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing tab-formated output of command w/bash

I have a command that when ran it will have an output such as string LongerString string2 longerString2 More MoreStrings seperated by tabs. The command lists domains and their accounts set up in my server admin software (interworx). The end result will be that it will run rsync for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweede
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing output into different files while processing file using AWK

Hi, I am trying to do the following using AWK program. 1. Read the input data file 2. Parse the record and see if it contains errors 3. If the record contains errors, then write it into Reject file, else, write into usual output file or display it on the screen Here is what I have done -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyak
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing db2 output

db2 command produces this output: Database 1 entry: Database alias = DB1 Database name = DB1 Node name = ND1 Database release level = a.00 Comment = Directory entry type ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: valero
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

processing the output of AWK

Hi my input file is <so > < Time > <Pid> <some ro><Job Name> 111004 04554447 26817 JOB03275 MBPDVLOI 111004 04554473 26817 JOB03275 MBPDVLOI 111004 04554778 26807 JOB03276 MBPDVAWD 111004 04554779 26807 JOB03276 MBPDVAWD 111004 04554780 26817 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Take output of processing in text file

Hi ALL, I am presently using perl script mukesh.pl I just want to catch its output into another text file . So I am using > File.txt . I am getting output but i want the whole processing of the script into that file please let me know . Thanks in advance Cheers Mukesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive file processing from a path and printing output in a file

Hi All, The script below read the path and searches for the directories/subdirectories and for the files. If files are found in the sub directories then read the content of the all files and put the content in csv(comma delimted) format and the call the write to xml function to write the std... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing diff output

How to get diff to not print the chevrons and the dashes? In this case the differences are all single line differences. Also the first few lines don't matter. How to get the output to always exclude the first few lines? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevensw
1 Replies

9. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Rename output file, after processing, same as input file

I have one input file ABC.txt and one output DEF.txt. After the ABC is processed and created output, I want to rename ABC.txt to ABC.orig and DEF to ABC.txt. Currently when I am doing this, it does not process the input file as it cannot read and write to the same file. How can I achieve this? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
12 Replies
ENC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ENC(4)

NAME
enc -- Encapsulating Interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device enc DESCRIPTION
The enc interface is a software loopback mechanism that allows hosts or firewalls to filter ipsec(4) traffic using any firewall package that hooks in via the pfil(9) framework. The enc interface allows an administrator to see incoming and outgoing packets before and after they will be or have been processed by ipsec(4) via tcpdump(1). The ``enc0'' interface inherits all IPsec traffic. Thus all IPsec traffic can be filtered based on ``enc0'', and all IPsec traffic could be seen by invoking tcpdump(1) on the ``enc0'' interface. What can be seen with tcpdump(1) and what will be passed on to the firewalls via the pfil(9) framework can be independently controlled using the following sysctl(8) variables: Name Defaults Suggested net.enc.out.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000003 0x00000001 net.enc.out.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000001 net.enc.in.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 net.enc.in.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 For the incoming path a value of 0x1 means ``before stripping off the outer header'' and 0x2 means ``after stripping off the outer header''. For the outgoing path 0x1 means ``with only the inner header'' and 0x2 means ``with outer and inner headers''. incoming path |------| ---- IPsec processing ---- (before) ---- (after) ----> | | | Host | <--- IPsec processing ---- (after) ----- (before) ---- | | outgoing path |------| Most people will want to run with the suggested defaults for ipsec_filter_mask and rely on the security policy database for the outer head- ers. EXAMPLES
To see the packets the processed via ipsec(4), adjust the sysctl(8) variables according to your need and run: tcpdump -i enc0 SEE ALSO
tcpdump(1), bpf(4), ipf(4), ipfw(4), ipsec(4), pf(4), tcpdump(8) BSD
November 28, 2007 BSD