Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network Post 302282469 by Neo on Saturday 31st of January 2009 09:58:13 AM
Old 01-31-2009
What programming language are you planning to develop your monitoring application?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux: monitor memory used for network buffers

/proc/net/sockstat has mem value, Is it memory used for network buffers? Is it KB or MB? $ cat /proc/net/sockstat sockets: used 8278 TCP: inuse 1090 orphan 2 tw 18 alloc 1380 mem 851 UDP: inuse 6574 RAW: inuse 1 FRAG: inuse 0 memory 0 or any other command to montior network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor % utilization of the network card

Hello, How to we typically monitor the % of utilization of network cards on a Unix box,basically the % utilization of the bytes transfered of the network card. This is required on all the flavours of OS - HP, AIX, RHEL, Sun etc. Please let me know. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Network monitor script

Hi, Although I'm not at my nature habitat, I need some assistance in having a basic windows script to monitor TCP connections from a host to other hosts. script heed to display the following: 1. ping a remote host/hosts every 1 second (or other adjustable timer) 2. Display a fail/success. 3.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: assafde
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor network

Hello Guys, I am starting with shell scripting and I need some help with my problem... The scenario is, I have like 20 servers inside one company, where I face some network issues affecting my servers functionality (Voice/recorder/IVR systems). So, to evidence the network events, I decided to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raval
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor some of network services

Hi I want to write a script for netflow service because my service doesnt send any packet to netflow walker (server). Although the service is started but it does not send any packet to server until i restart the service I want to write a script in order to restart the service... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsen1366
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
App::Cmd::Setup(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      App::Cmd::Setup(3pm)

NAME
App::Cmd::Setup - helper for setting up App::Cmd classes VERSION
version 0.318 OVERVIEW
App::Cmd::Setup is a helper library, used to set up base classes that will be used as part of an App::Cmd program. For the most part you should refer to the tutorial for how you should use this library. This class is useful in three scenarios: when writing your App::Cmd subclass Instead of writing: package MyApp; use base 'App::Cmd'; ...you can write: package MyApp; use App::Cmd::Setup -app; The benefits of doing this are mostly minor, and relate to sanity-checking your class. The significant benefit is that this form allows you to specify plugins, as in: package MyApp; use App::Cmd::Setup -app => { plugins => [ 'Prompt' ] }; Plugins are described in App::Cmd::Tutorial and App::Cmd::Plugin. when writing abstract base classes for commands That is: when you write a subclass of App::Cmd::Command that is intended for other commands to use as their base class, you should use App::Cmd::Setup. For example, if you want all the commands in MyApp to inherit from MyApp::Command, you may want to write that package like this: package MyApp::Command; use App::Cmd::Setup -command; Do not confuse this with the way you will write specific commands: package MyApp::Command::mycmd; use MyApp -command; Again, this form mostly performs some validation and setup behind the scenes for you. You can use "base" if you prefer. when writing App::Cmd plugins App::Cmd::Plugin is a mechanism that allows an App::Cmd class to inject code into all its command classes, providing them with utility routines. To write a plugin, you must use App::Cmd::Setup. As seen above, you must also use App::Cmd::Setup to set up your App::Cmd subclass if you wish to consume plugins. For more information on writing plugins, see App::Cmd::Manual and App::Cmd::Plugin. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 App::Cmd::Setup(3pm)