Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network Post 302282469 by Neo on Saturday 31st of January 2009 09:58:13 AM
Old 01-31-2009
What programming language are you planning to develop your monitoring application?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux: monitor memory used for network buffers

/proc/net/sockstat has mem value, Is it memory used for network buffers? Is it KB or MB? $ cat /proc/net/sockstat sockets: used 8278 TCP: inuse 1090 orphan 2 tw 18 alloc 1380 mem 851 UDP: inuse 6574 RAW: inuse 1 FRAG: inuse 0 memory 0 or any other command to montior network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor % utilization of the network card

Hello, How to we typically monitor the % of utilization of network cards on a Unix box,basically the % utilization of the bytes transfered of the network card. This is required on all the flavours of OS - HP, AIX, RHEL, Sun etc. Please let me know. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devtakh
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Network monitor script

Hi, Although I'm not at my nature habitat, I need some assistance in having a basic windows script to monitor TCP connections from a host to other hosts. script heed to display the following: 1. ping a remote host/hosts every 1 second (or other adjustable timer) 2. Display a fail/success. 3.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: assafde
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor network

Hello Guys, I am starting with shell scripting and I need some help with my problem... The scenario is, I have like 20 servers inside one company, where I face some network issues affecting my servers functionality (Voice/recorder/IVR systems). So, to evidence the network events, I decided to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raval
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor some of network services

Hi I want to write a script for netflow service because my service doesnt send any packet to netflow walker (server). Although the service is started but it does not send any packet to server until i restart the service I want to write a script in order to restart the service... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsen1366
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
Mac::AETE::App(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mac::AETE::App(3)

NAME
Mac::AETE::App - reads the Macintosh Apple event dictionary from an application. SYNOPSIS
use Mac::AETE::App; use Mac::AETE::Format::Dictionary; $app = App->new("My Application"); $formatter = Dictionary->new; $app->set_format($formatter); $app->read; $app->write; DESCRIPTION
The App module simplifies reading the Apple event dictionary from an application. It will launch the application if necessary to obtain the dictionary. Methods new Example: ($name is the name of the application.) use Mac::AETE::App; use Mac::AETE::Format::Dictionary; $app = App->new($aete_handle, $name); read (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Reads the data contained in the AETE resource or handle. Example: $app->read; set_format (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Sets the output formatter used during by the 'write' subroutine. Example: $formatter = Dictionary->new; $app->set_format($formatter); copy (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Copies all suites from one Parser object into another. Example: $aete2 = Parser->new($aete_handle2, $another_name); $app->copy($aete2); copies the suites from $aete2 into $aete. merge (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Merges suites from one Parser object into another. Only the suites that exist in both objects will be replaced. Example: $aete3 = Parser->new($aete_handle2, $another_name); $app->merge($aete3); write (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Prints the contents of the AETE or AEUT resource using the current formatter. $app->write; INHERITANCE
Inherits from Mac::AETE::Parser. AUTHOR
David Schooley <dcschooley@mediaone.net> perl v5.10.0 2005-05-16 Mac::AETE::App(3)