Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS problems (Debian)
Operating Systems Linux Debian NFS problems (Debian) Post 302282264 by Neo on Friday 30th of January 2009 12:04:24 PM
Old 01-30-2009
It would be helpful to me if you could post the routing tables for each of the machines.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS server problems [merged]

I have a machine A NFS mounted on machine B I am doing a build from machine B on the MFS mounted dir of machine A but I keep getting the following: NFS server A not responding still trying. I go to machine A and can log onto machine A and everything seems fine. How do I go about finding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brv
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO NFS problems

Hi, I've got a really old system we use for call logging. The OS is SCO 3.2 uname -a output SCO_SV bts7053 3.2 2 i386 the problem we are having is that its no longer doing its backups. The original problem was the tape drive, which has been replaced twice now. Because the company are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johno12345
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nfs mount and links removal problems.

Ok, so I have an nfs mount setup and within it there are symbolic links to other directories and such. So anyways I created a link to a directory like so ln -s /var/stuff/more/stuff/here/ stuff/ and i ended up with directory stuff with link 'here' inside. so i was pieved and decided... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Problems

I am having a really bad day today. I am trying to get an nfs mount to work. I want to have a mount from machinea:/home going to /home on machineb. I can mount machinea:/home on any mount point EXCEPT /home and see the files. I can not see the files or list the directory (it hangs) when I mount... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbathrick
17 Replies

5. Solaris

Having problems starting up NFS on an OpenSolaris box

I am trying to set up an OpenSolaris box to be an NFS server. The OpenSolaris version is 2008.11. The kernel (uname -a output) is: SunOS minime-28 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc It is running ZFS but I know nothing about ZFS. I have an entry in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa777
1 Replies

6. Debian

Debian Lenny update problems

Hi everybody! I have a very big problem, I can not make any updates on my debian lenny. I get everytime this errors with apt-get update: Err http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release.gpg Connection failed Err http://www.backports.org lenny-backports Release.gpg Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magge
2 Replies

7. AIX

NFS mount problems on AIX

Hi, I have two machines (AIX) each on a different VLAN. Need to mount a filesystem using nfs on the other one. When I export the nfs file system its a breeze. But when I try to mount it on the other machine the smitty command hangs on "running" and i get an OK from smitty but with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS problems

Hi All, I hoping someone can help me get my NFS working properly. I don't know why I'm having little issues... Overall, NFS is working, therefore, the problem may not be with NFS. I can ssh to remote nodes and view NFS shared directories (/home). Here is the problem, when on a node and I open a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Memory problems in NFS client server

Hi all, i have some doubts in a situation that i fail to get an answer in Google. I have a solaris 10 nfs server and 5 centos 6.0 nfs clients. The problem/situation is that in the clients the free memory is "disappearing" along the time (passing to used)..and it gets free if i umount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blast
5 Replies
IPXROUTED(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      IPXROUTED(8)

NAME
IPXrouted -- IPX Routing Information Protocol daemon SYNOPSIS
IPXrouted [-N] [-q] [-s] [-S] [-t] [logfile] DESCRIPTION
The IPXrouted utility is invoked at boot time to manage the IPX routing tables. The IPX routing daemon uses the Novell IPX Routing Informa- tion Protocol in maintaining up to date kernel routing table entries. Available options: -N Do not reply on GetNearestServer SAP request. -q Do not supply routing information (opposite of -s option below). -s Forces IPXrouted to supply routing information whether it is acting as an internetwork router or not. -S Do not supply Service Advertising Protocol (SAP) information. The default is to supply SAP information. -t All packets sent or received are printed on the standard output. In addition, IPXrouted will not divorce itself from the control- ling terminal so that interrupts from the keyboard will kill the process. logfile Name of file in which IPXrouted's actions should be logged. This log contains information about any changes to the routing tables and a history of recent messages sent and received which are related to the changed route. In normal operation IPXrouted listens for routing information packets. If the host is connected to multiple IPX networks, it periodically supplies copies of its routing tables to any directly connected hosts and networks. When IPXrouted is started, it uses the SIOCGIFCONF ioctl(2) to find those directly connected interfaces configured into the system and marked ``up'' (the software loopback interface is ignored). If multiple interfaces are present, it is assumed the host will forward packets between networks. The IPXrouted utility then transmits a request packet on each interface (using a broadcast packet if the interface supports it) and enters a loop, listening for request and response packets from other hosts. When a request packet is received, IPXrouted formulates a reply based on the information maintained in its internal tables. The response packet generated contains a list of known routes, each marked with a ``hop count'' metric (a count of 16, or greater, is considered ``infinite''). The metric associated with each route returned provides a metric relative to the sender. Response packets received by IPXrouted are used to update the routing tables if one of the following conditions is satisfied: o No routing table entry exists for the destination network or host, and the metric indicates the destination is ``reachable'' (i.e., the hop count is not infinite). o The source host of the packet is the same as the router in the existing routing table entry. That is, updated information is being received from the very internetwork router through which packets for the destination are being routed. o The existing entry in the routing table has not been updated for some time (defined to be 90 seconds) and the route is at least as cost effective as the current route. o The new route describes a shorter route to the destination than the one currently stored in the routing tables; the metric of the new route is compared against the one stored in the table to decide this. When an update is applied, IPXrouted records the change in its internal tables and generates a response packet to all directly connected hosts and networks. The routed(8) utility waits a short period of time (no more than 30 seconds) before modifying the kernel's routing tables to allow possible unstable situations to settle. In addition to processing incoming packets, IPXrouted also periodically checks the routing table entries. If an entry has not been updated for 3 minutes, the entry's metric is set to infinity and marked for deletion. Deletions are delayed an additional 60 seconds to ensure the invalidation is propagated to other routers. Hosts acting as internetwork routers gratuitously supply their routing tables every 30 seconds to all directly connected hosts and networks. If IPXrouted receives a SIGINFO signal the current contents of the RIP and SAP tables are appended to the file /var/log/ipxrouted.dmp. SEE ALSO
ipx(3) HISTORY
The IPXrouted utility first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. BSD
October 11, 1995 BSD