Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: books & documents
Operating Systems AIX books & documents Post 302282169 by zaxxon on Friday 30th of January 2009 09:18:51 AM
Old 01-30-2009
AIX Links

For books check Amazon or your favourite online book store.
Can also have a look at scribd or books.google.

The absolute best book I ever found for AIX is the AIX Survivial Guide from Andreas Siegert. But sadly it stopped with AIX 4.3.3 and there came never a new book out from him. Still very helpful though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sudo documents

I have installed sudo on our development server (SPARC,Solaris 9) and trying to edit /etc/sudoers file using visudo. Referred the following sites and not able to find the way. http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/man/sudoers.html http://www.kempston.net/solaris/sudo.html To start with sudo, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPD and sophisticated documents

Hi all, I am using Solaris 8 and have several printers (HP lasers or inkjets) connected behind PCs, printing thus being controlled by LPD. All I can print is ASCII, not very keen, no images, no boxes etc. Is there any thread (I assure, I have been searching!) or discussion explaning how to set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on PHP & APACHE

Can anybody please suggest me a good book to learn PHP and Apache. I want to use it for general programming and espeacially as front end tool for INFORMIX RDBMS. The book should guide me from the basics, as I am a beginer for PHP & Apache on SUSE Linux 9.0. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Batch converting documents

Here is the situation. We are a company that has been using a professional publishing system, the software is called "ProType". It runs on Solaris 2.4, however it is no longer supported and we are forced to move on to Adobe Indesign. We must convert all our documents (thousands) to InDesign format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

keyword searching of documents

Unix based fix-it needed? Platform and feature: search programs on Apple computers (Leopard or Tiger; 10.4 and above; Spotlight) Problem: the document search feature of these programs produce hits when keyword(s) used appear anywhere in the document's content. Change required: we need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Miles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search accross other documents?

Could do with some help on where to get started really. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have been working on this for a while now and I don't really know where to start. I am looking into creating a script that will process website hit files and output statistical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening multiple documents at once

I'm trying this:$ for n in `ls` ; do xterm -e vim $n & ; done bash: syntax error near unexpected token `;' $I want to edit my files all at once, not one at a time. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange Stripes
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 (two) here documents in a row

Ok, it may sound a bit stupid but I can't find the answer.. How do one put 2 here documents in a row? for instance, i want to do something like: diff <<eof <<eof2 # doesn't work... > a > b > eof > a > c > eof2 its mostly to satisfy my curiosity!! thanks, Anthony (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthalamus
4 Replies

9. Programming

gdbm with c programmin Books & Tutorial.

Hello, Could you please tell me if there are any books/tutorial on gdbm programming with C for beginners. So far, I've found few tutorials and one of those: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/gccintro/gccintro_22.html is easy to understand but very short in treatment as it dealt with ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
6 Replies
MONGODBREF(3)								 1							     MONGODBREF(3)

The MongoDBRef class

INTRODUCTION
This class can be used to create lightweight links between objects in different collections. Motivation: Suppose we need to refer to a document in another collection. The easiest way is to create a field in the current document. For example, if we had a "people" collection and an "addresses" collection, we might want to create a link between each person document and an address document: Example #1 Linking documents <?php $people = $db->people; $addresses = $db->addresses; $myAddress = array("line 1" => "123 Main Street", "line 2" => null, "city" => "Springfield", "state" => "Vermont", "country" => "USA"); // save the address $addresses->insert($myAddress); // save a person with a reference to the address $me = array("name" => "Fred", "address" => $myAddress['_id']); $people->insert($me); ?> Then, later on, we can find the person's address by querying the "addresses" collection with the MongoId we saved in the "people" collec- tion. Suppose now that we have a more general case, where we don't know which collection (or even which database) contains the referenced docu- ment. MongoDBRef is a good choice for this case, as it is a common format that all of the drivers and the database understand. If each person had a list of things they liked which could come from multiple collections, such as "hobbies", "sports", "books", etc., we could use MongoDBRefs to keep track of what "like" went with what collection: Example #2 Creating MongoDBRef links <?php $people = $db->selectCollection("people"); // model trains are in the "hobbies" collection $trainRef = MongoDBRef::create("hobbies", $modelTrains['_id']); // soccer is in the "sports" collection $soccerRef = MongoDBRef::create("sports", $soccer['_id']); // now we'll know what collections the items in the "likes" array came from when // we retrieve this document $people->insert(array("name" => "Fred", "likes" => array($trainRef, $soccerRef))); ?> Database references can be thought of as hyperlinks: they give the unique address of another document, but they do not load it or automat- ically follow the link/reference. A database reference is just a normal associative array, not an instance of MongoDBRef, so this class is a little different than the other data type classes. This class contains exclusively static methods for manipulating database references. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoDBRef MongoDBRef Methods o publicstatic array MongoDBRef::create (string $collection, mixed $id, [string $database]) o publicstatic array MongoDBRef::get (MongoDB $db, array $ref) o publicstatic bool MongoDBRef::isRef (mixed $ref) SEE ALSO
MongoDB core docs on databases references. PHP Documentation Group MONGODBREF(3)