Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Best Practices for Running Oracle Databases in Solaris Containers Post 302282149 by Linux Bot on Friday 30th of January 2009 08:30:02 AM
Old 01-30-2009
Best Practices for Running Oracle Databases in Solaris Containers

This Sun BluePrints article gives an overview of Solaris Containers, including Solaris Zones and the Solaris Resource Manager, the Oracle License Model for Solaris Containers, creating a Solaris 10 Container, and guidelines for running an Oracle database in a Solaris Container.

More...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with C app on Oracle running on Solaris 6

Hello, I would really appreciate some help with a problem my current client is having. He has an old legacy app that does his company's financial accounting and ERP for manufacturing, etc. The app was written by a company called "Just in time" in Austin, TX, and they are no longer in business. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w0lf
2 Replies

2. AIX

Oracle 10G best practices on Power6 AIX5.3

Can anyone point me to any best practices for partitioning, resource prerequisites, and implementation of Oracle 10G release 2 with RAC on 2 power6 550's running AIX5.3 as a cluster? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to find running databases in windows

Hi, I am working in solaris os.I would like to know how many databases are running in windows. Is there any command like ps -ef|grep pmon in wndows............... Thanks&Regards, Arul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arulkumar
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Monitoring Tablespaces on Oracle Databases.

can anyone provide me with a basic command that can do this? like, is there a one liner command line i can run that will spit out some digits to me. (digits i can write a script to monitor)??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10

what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find oracle databases that are not in cluster

I need to create a script to list all the databases that are in cluster environment. The reason is that there are databases which are not in under cluster control and we need to identify those. The easiest way to identify is: clrt list (if SUNW.oracle_server:6, SUNW.oracle_listener:5 are not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation script for Oracle queries for two different Databases

Hi Team, I am Oracle Databse developer. I am currently working on two databases. DB1 and DB2. in DB1 I have a Select query which will return 100 records. In Db2 I have a Select query which also return 100 records. In these two tables ( in different Schemas) we have a common column. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies
Intro(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						 Intro(9S)

NAME
Intro, intro - introduction to kernel data structures and properties DESCRIPTION
Section 9P describes kernel properties used by device drivers. Section 9S describes the data structures used by drivers to share informa- tion between the driver and the kernel. See Intro(9E) for an overview of device driver interfaces. In Section 9S, reference pages contain the following headings: o NAME summarizes the purpose of the structure or property. o SYNOPSIS lists the include file that defines the structure or property. o INTERFACE LEVEL describes any architecture dependencies. o DESCRIPTION provides general information about the structure or property. o STRUCTURE MEMBERS lists all accessible structure members (for Section 9S). o SEE ALSO gives sources for further information. Of the preceding headings, Section 9P reference pages contain the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and SEE ALSO fields. Every driver MUST include <sys/ddi.h> and <sys/sunddi.h>, in that order, and as final entries. The following table summarizes the STREAMS structures described in Section 9S. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyreq |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyresp |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |datab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fmodsw |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |free_rtn |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iocblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |linkblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |module_info |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |msgb |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qband |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qinit |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queclass |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queue |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |streamtab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |stroptions |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The following table summarizes structures that are not specific to STREAMS I/O. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |aio_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |buf |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cb_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_device_acc_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_sparc |Solaris SPARC DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_x86 |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dmae_req |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_idevice_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_mapdev_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |devmap_callback_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dev_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iovec |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_intr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_io |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_named |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |map |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modldrv |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlinkage |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlstrmod |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_address |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_arq_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_device |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_extended_sense |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_hba_tran |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_inquiry |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_pkt |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |uio |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(9E) NOTES
Do not declare arrays of structures as the size of the structures can change between releases. Rely only on the structure members listed in this chapter and not on unlisted members or the position of a member in a structure. SunOS 5.11 15 May 2001 Intro(9S)