Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What do you call the > thingy in context of the shell? Post 302282025 by otheus on Friday 30th of January 2009 03:28:43 AM
Old 01-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by theninja
Thanks for that link Perderabo, zap is what he used to say. "zap the file". Now I can stop thinking about it.
I like that Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call Telnet From Within A Shell?

Hi there, I got a big problem. For one of our customers I did a website (php) that connects to another machine "A" (server) to machine "B" via expect. Now he wants that after the the connection with "B" is established, a telnet connection to "C" is opened, and some commands are executed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tubbietoeter
2 Replies

2. Linux

a good XP file veiwing thingy for Fedora

does anyone know where i can find somthing that will let me read my XP folder withing Fedora Core? :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call one korn shell from a shell

Hi guys, please help me I have a ksh script (second picture down), in that script I define the function DATECALC. Now I want to use this function KSH in a program shell. How can I call this ksh from my shell program? My shell program is... in the first two lines I tried to call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acevallo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Call

Can someone help me figure out how to call a c program from this shell script? I want to echo a #9 option and have it call and execute a c file called dmcc.c. #!/bin/sh # dmc.sh #clear # display menu   while : do echo "1. Display date and time." echo "2. Display what users are doing."... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiro
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a function in Shell..?

#!/bin/bash FUN_ECHO(){ echo $1 } FUN_ECHO "hi how are you ?" This code will work fine. BUT is it possible to make the following to work ? FUN_ECHO "hi how are you ?" FUN_ECHO(){ echo $1 } I know that the code will be executed line by line. But i have a number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening Child Shell & Executing a script in the same context

Hi, Is the below possible (SHELL = tcsh)? -- I want to write an 'alias' something like this - alias set_my_work "setenv SOME_VAR;tcsh -i;source work_script.cshrc" The intention is to run this alias and enter a child shell, at the same time ensuring that the work_script.cshrc is source-ed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishra.a.c
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions related to if in awk context and if without awk context

I wrote this code, questions follow #! /bin/bash -f # Purpose - to show how if syntax is used within an awk clear; ls -l; echo "This will print out the first two columns of the inputted file in this directory"; echo "Enter filename found in this directory"; read input; ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seth
11 Replies
OPERATOR(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation ALTER OPERATOR(7) NAME
ALTER_OPERATOR - change the definition of an operator SYNOPSIS
ALTER OPERATOR name ( { left_type | NONE } , { right_type | NONE } ) OWNER TO new_owner ALTER OPERATOR name ( { left_type | NONE } , { right_type | NONE } ) SET SCHEMA new_schema DESCRIPTION
ALTER OPERATOR changes the definition of an operator. The only currently available functionality is to change the owner of the operator. You must own the operator to use ALTER OPERATOR. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the operator's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the operator. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any operator anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing operator. left_type The data type of the operator's left operand; write NONE if the operator has no left operand. right_type The data type of the operator's right operand; write NONE if the operator has no right operand. new_owner The new owner of the operator. new_schema The new schema for the operator. EXAMPLES
Change the owner of a custom operator a @@ b for type text: ALTER OPERATOR @@ (text, text) OWNER TO joe; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER OPERATOR statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE OPERATOR (CREATE_OPERATOR(7)), DROP OPERATOR (DROP_OPERATOR(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 ALTER OPERATOR(7)