Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Need C program for monitoring a processes that are running in different nodes Post 302281961 by vigneshinbox on Thursday 29th of January 2009 11:21:33 PM
Old 01-30-2009
hey dude...
thanx for ur valuable response...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C program to kill root processes

Hello, First let me start by saying I have searched the forum and read all the SUID stuff but it is not in the neighborhood I am looking for. Here is the problem. We want to grant a non super-user permission to kill root processes but only if the process matches certain criteria. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes of another host

Does anyone have a script, which monitors the processes of another host? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andimotz80
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring running processes

I have a script that runs continuously and will deliver a file to multiple servers via scp. On occasions one of the scp's will hang and as a result not complete in sending the remaining files and not loop around again. If I run the scp commands with a & they'll complete, but I want to make sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Processes - Killing hung processes

Is there a way to monitor certain processes and if they hang too long to kill them, but certain scripts which are expected to take a long time to let them go? Thank you Richard (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring 'waiting' processes

Is it possible to monitor processes whether they are waiting or active? Basically I would like to know since which TIME the process has been running and the state. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
3 Replies

6. Programming

Program to spawn multiple processes

I'm trying to make a program that will spawn multiple child processes then exit. I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this since after I fork, the child process begins running the program again (never ending). int main(void){ for(int i = 0; i < 3; i++){ fork(); }... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cagney58
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job for monitoring processes

I have to monitor several processes in my application . i get the listing of these processes using the command ps -ax i want to write a shell script that will monitor the processes and if a process goes missing then it will send an email to my gmail account. I want to run this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring cpu usage of mysql processes/threads/queries without any tool

hi all, i want to monitor mysql processes/threads/queries with respect to cpu usage.how can i do it? show processlist is of no use as no information abt cpu usage is given. plz help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitmahambre
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote nodes - login and find number of processes

Hello all, This is my requirement: 1. I have 6 VMs running Apache (for Oracle EBS) as Linux user oracle. 2. From a central server (VM), I need to login to all the 6 VMs as oracle user (I have already set up ssh equivalence, so it is password less authentication). 3. Find the number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
4 Replies
PMC(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PMC(1)

NAME
pmc -- performance-monitoring counter interface for command execution SYNOPSIS
pmc -h pmc -C pmc -c event command [options ...] DESCRIPTION
pmc is a means of using a processor's performance-monitoring counter (PMC) facility to measure various aspects of a program's execution. It is meant to be used in a fashion similar to time(1). The arguments are as follows: -h Display a list of performance counter events available on the system. -C Cancel any performance counters that are currently running. -c event Count the event specified by event while running the command. DIAGNOSTICS
PMC support is not compiled into the kernel Performance-monitoring counter support has not been compiled into the kernel. It may be included using the PERFCTRS option. See options(4) for details. PMC counters are not supported by CPU Performance-monitoring counters are not available for the CPU. SEE ALSO
time(1), options(4) HISTORY
The pmc command first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The pmc command was written by Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>. The kernel support for reading performance counters on the i386 architecture was written by Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>. BUGS
The pmc command currently only supports performance-monitoring counters on the i386 architecture. BSD
October 24, 2000 BSD