Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU/Memory utilization
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU/Memory utilization Post 302281888 by khestoi on Thursday 29th of January 2009 05:15:40 PM
Old 01-29-2009
well i finally got some info about tty and %wcpu
all i need is info regarding the difference between RES and SIZE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Utilization for memory and cpu

Hi all I need command to give me the utilization for memory and cpu,and how can I know if the utilization ok or no? for example in hp unix #top it is give me utilize for cpu and memory and also I can know if utilize ok or no. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory and CPU utilization process

Hi, I need to check which process in linux is taking high memory and which process is taking high cpu usage. Regards, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to find CPU,memory and I/O utilization

Can anyone please help me regarding this .sh script: The shell script should monitor CPU,memory and I/O utilization continuously after a defined time interval and should write it in an output file like excell. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhayan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Utilization and Memory Usage

Can any one suggest me, how to get the last week's (Last n weeks) average CPU utilization and Memory usage? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting CPU utilization and memory for a process

I am trying to get cpu util and memory occupied for a process. I use these (I am showing output also): using top ---------- $ top p 25272 d 5 top - 01:52:17 up 2 days, 21:28, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06 Tasks: 1 total, 0 running, 1 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

6. Linux

Save CPU and memory utilization over time

Hi, I would like to view the cpu and memory utilization of a given job over time and save this information in a file, such that at the end of the process I can create a plot of the CPU and memory utilization over time. Is this possible? I would like to do the same for the io, is there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giorgos193
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Glance and CPU and Memory utilization

Hi guys, I am new to Unix and have been asked to Check the CPU and Memory utilization using the Glance command. I have tried searching and Google but cant find anything that makes sense to me :o Does anyine have any links to somewhere that will explain exactly what it is - tried "man... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gt10
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 TRUNCATE(1)