Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to set HIGH importance to a mail sent through mailx or sendmail command Post 302281829 by cv_pan on Thursday 29th of January 2009 02:02:08 PM
Old 01-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
If using sendmail, you can send the mail directly without using mailx and compose your own headers. A header line of "Importance: High" will achieve what you want.
Hi Reborg,
How can I achieve this using mail utility? Is it available?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use mail,mailx command in Shell Script ?

Hi.. How can i use mailx,mail command in Shell Script. Suppose i gave a condition that x value is above 25 send a mail alert to abc@rediffmail.com. How can i do this? Regards Sollin (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sollin
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail using mailx command

Hi All, Please help me regarding sending mails using mailx command in unix. I will be glad if some one give me the sintax of this. I tried using the below but vain. mailx -s 'Hi' 'xyz@abc.com' Regards, Manas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to send e-mail using mailx command

Hi All, Can you please help me in solving this. I am facing some problem sending mails. If I use like this, I am able to send mail the mail echo "This is an automated e-mail; please do not reply." | mailx -s "Good Morning ." 'abc@xys.com' But if I use like this, then I am unable to send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas6
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between mail,mailx,sendmail

Hello friends I need to know the difference between mail,mailx and sendmail commands. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Carbon copy for a mail in mailx command

Hi, Can you please anyone say how to send a mail with carbon copy using the mailx command. i.e the recipient list should be in CC while the mail reaches them. I need the option mailx command Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail through mailx command

Hi I need help to send mail through mailx command . Currenlt my program is like #!/bin/ksh -x echo " " >> path.lst MAIL_LIST='someone1@gamil.com someone2@gamil.com someone3@gamil.com' cat path.lst | mailx -s "path loaction" $MAIL_LIST echo "End" exit 0 Its work fine . But i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

importance of /var/mail

Hi When an entry will be made to the file /var/mail/<user-id> . I have 100 scripts under a specific user id(dgircc) in cron .SO inrder to check the whether the script has sucessfully run or not and if not to generate an email if i mention the code like #!/bin/ksh -p 2 fsize=`ls -lrt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani
0 Replies

9. Solaris

mailx/sendmail configuration/set up problem

Hello Good People of Linux World!!! Background: Recent Networking Graduate, thrown in line of fire. For the past couple of days I have been searching online for answers and haven't gotten anywhere regarding Mailx, Sendmail functionality on SunOS 5.9. My dilemma: Mailx / sendmail are... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazmiM
28 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send the mail using mail and mailx command

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail from linux server but could'nt able to send the mail. I tried the below syntax's so far but no luck. mail -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com < /usr/g/txt.log cat "txt.log" | mailx -s "Hello world" abc@xyz.com mailx -s “Hello world” abc@xyz.com <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies
praliases(1)							   User Commands						      praliases(1)

NAME
praliases - display system mail aliases SYNOPSIS
praliases [-C configfile] [-f aliasfile] [key] DESCRIPTION
The praliases utility displays system mail aliases. When no key is given, praliases displays the current system aliases, one per line, in no particular order. The form is key:value. If a key is given, only that key is looked up and the appropriate key:value is displayed if found. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C configfile Specifies a sendmail configuration file. -f aliasfile Reads the specified file aliasfile instead of the default sendmail system aliases file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: key A specific alias key to look up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/mail/aliases Default sendmail system aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.db Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.dir Database versions of the /etc/mail/aliases file /etc/mail/aliases.pag /etc/mail/sendmail.cf Default sendmail configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailq(1), newaliases(1M), sendmail(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 2004 praliases(1)