Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting decimal in other systems with bc Post 302281767 by wiseguy on Thursday 29th of January 2009 11:34:54 AM
Old 01-29-2009
converting decimal in other systems with bc

Hallo,

how can I convert number systems with bc?

I need to convert a decimal number to octal, dual or hex number...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

converting file systems (FAT32 to NTFS)

People who still have FAT32, usaly have 2 or more operating systems running on their computer. An example of that is like runnging OS x over Windows 95 or XP. Stuff like that. On one of my lap tops, I have Linux, Unix, and OS x running on one HD. The OS x runs really really slow thought...I hardly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for converting a decimal to binary

Could anybody please help me in writing a script in unix for converting a decimal number to binary number. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: softy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a decimal into integer

Hi all, I'm trying to convert a decimal number into an integer number; I'm doing this: n=`echo |awk '{ print "'"$mem"'"*10}'` where the variable mem is equal to 3.7 I'd like to obtain 37, but the expression above gives me 30. Help please!!!! thx a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to integer

The shell mentioned below will show a warning if the page takes more than 6 seconds to load. The problem is that myduration variable is not an integer. How do I convert it to integer? myduration=$(curl http://192.168.50.1/mantisbt/view.php?id=1 -w %{time_total}) > /dev/null ; ] && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help converting date-time value to decimal

Hi I need help to do some calculation in script. I have a monitor program (munin) that I would like to log uptime information from a server. The script looks like this (not complete): #!/bin/sh # server_uptime ### Config Start # Reads the server parameters using the HTTP port with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting hex to ascii/decimal

I am writing a bash script to do some parsing on a log and I am running into a problem when it comes to converting only certain sections of the file from hex to ascii or hex to decimal. Data Example: The hex values after Hardware and SW Version I need to convert from Hex to ASCII and the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiftkey
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting string to negative decimal value

I need code for converting a string to a negative decimal value. For ex, i have the value in the form of a string (5489.95-) i need to convert it into decimal value (-5489.95) while getting output using printf command. i know how to get as a string a="5489.95-" printf "%10s"$a >>xyz.dat ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting decimal to hex

How to convert decimal value to hex and than take 1st digits as variable sample data 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 84844294,5,6 51291736,2,3 i can use {printf "%x,%d\n",$1,$2} but than i want to filter base on 1st hex digit 1st recrd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: before4
1 Replies

10. Programming

Visual Basic converting a decimal data type to a label with currency format

Here is the code that I am working with. I have tried several other things. any suggestions? Lbl_Cost_Output.Text = (dDistance * dCostPerMile).ToString("C") The label is formatted correctly in terms of value 0.00 but no dollar sign appears. Please let me know if you have any questions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies
HTML::Entities::Numbered(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     HTML::Entities::Numbered(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Entities::Numbered - Conversion of numbered HTML entities SYNOPSIS
use HTML::Entities::Numbered; $html = 'Hi Honey<b>&hearts;</b>'; # convert named HTML entities to numbered (decimal) $decimal = name2decimal($html); # Hi Honey<b>&#9829;</b> # to numbered (hexadecimal) $hex = name2hex($html); # Hi Honey<b>&#x2665;</b> $content = 'Copyright &#169; Larry Wall'; # convert numbered HTML entities (decimal) to named $name1 = decimal2name($content); # Copyright &copy; Larry Wall $content = 'Copyright &#xA9; Larry Wall'; # convert numbered HTML entitites (hexadecimal) to named $name2 = hex2name($content); # Copyright &copy; Larry Wall $xml = '&quot;Give me &yen;10,000&quot; &gt; cherie&spades;'; # convert named HTML entities to numbered # except valid XML entities (decimal) $decimal = name2decimal_xml($xml); # &quot;Give me &#165;10,000&quot; # &gt; cherie&#9824; # to numbered except valid XML entities (hexdecimal) $hex = name2hex_xml($xml); # &quot;Give me &#xA5;10,000&quot; # &gt; cherie&#x2660; DESCRIPTION
HTML::Entities::Numbered is a content conversion filter for named HTML entities (symbols, mathmetical symbols, Greek letters, Latin let- ters, etc.). When an argument of "name2decimal()" or "name2hex()" contains some nameable HTML entities, they will be replaced to numbered HTML entities. And when an argument of "name2decimal_xml()" or "name2hex_xml()" contains some nameable numbered HTML entities, they will be replaced to numbered HTML entities except valid XML entities (the excepted "valid XML entities" are the following five entities: "&lt;", "&gt;", "&amp;", "&quot;", "&apos;"). By the same token, when an argument of "decimal2name()" or "hex2name()" contains some nameable num- bered HTML entities, they will be replaced to named HTML entities. (the exception "valid XML entities" means the following five entities: "&lt;", "&gt;", "&amp;", "&quot;", "&apos;") On version 0.03, the entities hash table is imported from HTML::Entities (with obsolete class "HTML::Entities::Numbered::Extra" for older releases of Perl). At the moment, 0.04 (or later) is included HTML::Entities::Numbered::Table to import HTML entities table, and thereby we do not need to have HTML::Entities (included in HTML::Parser distribution). This may be also useful for making valid XML (corrects the undefined entity references, and enhanced by addition of functions conform to the XML). FUNCTIONS
Following all functions are exported by default. * name2decimal Some included named HTML entities in argument of "name2decimal()" will be replaced to decimal numbered HTML entities. * name2hex Some included named HTML entities in argument of "name2hex()" will be replaced to hexadecimal numbered HTML entities. * decimal2name Some include decimal numbered HTML entities in argument of "decimal2name()" will be replaced to named HTML entities (If they're name- able). * hex2name Some include hexadecimal numbered HTML entities in argument of "hex2name()" will be replaced to named HTML entities (If they're name- able). * name2decimal_xml Some included named HTML entities in argument of "name2decimal_xml()" will be replaced to decimal numbered HTML entities except valid XML entities. * name2hex_xml Some included named HTML entities in argument of "name2hex_xml()" will be replaced to hexadecimal numbered HTML entities except valid XML entities. If you'd prefer not to import them functions into the caller's namespace, you can call them as below: use HTML::Entities::Numbered (); $decimal = HTML::Entities::Numbered::name2decimal($str); $hex = HTML::Entities::Numbered::name2hex($str); $named1 = HTML::Entities::Numbered::decimal2name($str); $named2 = HTML::Entities::Numbered::hex2name($str); $decimal = HTML::Entities::Numbered::name2decimal_xml($str); $hex = HTML::Entities::Numbered::name2hex_xml($str); AUTHOR
Koichi Taniguchi <taniguchi@livedoor.jp> Develop triggered by IKEBE Tomohiro <ikebe@cpan.org> Many thanks to Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Koichi Taniguchi. Japan. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
HTML::Entities, <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/sgml/entities.html> perl v5.8.8 2008-03-06 HTML::Entities::Numbered(3pm)