Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Console file manager.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Console file manager. Post 302281753 by fpmurphy on Thursday 29th of January 2009 11:11:07 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Development work has recommenced recently on MC. See Midnight Commander

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/console file

Hello, I am fairly new to UNIX. I ran command tty on my shell prompt and it return me /dev/console. I was reading in the book that normally output of tty command is tty01 , tty02 or so on. My question is this is the file for my monitor? UNIX called it Terminal or Workstation? What is this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikabid
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging all console activity to a file - how?

Hi all, Well I've had a bit more experience with Unix-like environments since my last post, now that I have started working on my website in earnest and am doing much of the file manipulation via the command line through SSH. The thing is, I want to be able to log all console activity,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write to console and file

Hi, How can i redirect the traces to both the console and to a file.. The way i was doing was: /home/harika/harika/samp.exe if ; then echo "executed the first exe.." >> /dev/console;/home/harika/harika/trace.txt /home/harika/harika/memset.exe echo "executed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Open Shell Script from X-Manager Console

Dear All, I have a shell script. which has the read, write & execute permissions. I am entering from X-Manager Console. OS Details are: SunOS P382XLRTY 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Step1: Double Click on Home Folder, it will be opened. Step2: Double Click on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Console Input from a file

hi 2 all whatever in a file that line have to come in console screen .. when i execte that script ... >cat abc date ls >./abc >date ---->that line hav to come here > ls ----> that line hav to come here please anyone help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies
gnome-power-manager(1)						   User Commands					    gnome-power-manager(1)

NAME
gnome-power-manager - GNOME power manager session daemon SYNOPSIS
gnome-power-manager [--help] [--verbose] [--no-daemon] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
gnome-power-manager is the backend program of the GNOME power management infrastructure providing a complete and integrated solution to power management under the GNOME desktop environment. It supports features such as suspending, hibernating, screen blanking, CPU frequency switching, and more in one small neat package. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --verbose Show extra debugging. --no-daemon Do not detach gnome-power-manager into the background so that error messages will be displayed on console. --debug Only show specific debugging options. Useful for developers only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching gnome-power-manager with displaying extra debugging messages on console. example% gnome-power-manager --no-daemon --verbose EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-power-manager Executable for gnome power manager session daemon ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-power-manager | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-power-preferences(1), gnome-power-statistics(1), attributes(5) NOTES
This manual page was written by Oliver Grawert ogra@ubuntu.com for the Debian system and updated by Ow Mun Heng nikeow@yahoo.com Updated by Simon Zheng, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 18 Feb 2008 gnome-power-manager(1)