Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Console file manager.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Console file manager. Post 302281753 by fpmurphy on Thursday 29th of January 2009 11:11:07 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Development work has recommenced recently on MC. See Midnight Commander

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/console file

Hello, I am fairly new to UNIX. I ran command tty on my shell prompt and it return me /dev/console. I was reading in the book that normally output of tty command is tty01 , tty02 or so on. My question is this is the file for my monitor? UNIX called it Terminal or Workstation? What is this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikabid
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging all console activity to a file - how?

Hi all, Well I've had a bit more experience with Unix-like environments since my last post, now that I have started working on my website in earnest and am doing much of the file manipulation via the command line through SSH. The thing is, I want to be able to log all console activity,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To write to console and file

Hi, How can i redirect the traces to both the console and to a file.. The way i was doing was: /home/harika/harika/samp.exe if ; then echo "executed the first exe.." >> /dev/console;/home/harika/harika/trace.txt /home/harika/harika/memset.exe echo "executed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Open Shell Script from X-Manager Console

Dear All, I have a shell script. which has the read, write & execute permissions. I am entering from X-Manager Console. OS Details are: SunOS P382XLRTY 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Step1: Double Click on Home Folder, it will be opened. Step2: Double Click on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

6. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to both console and to a file

Hi All, Is there a way in Bash we can redirection some output to both console and the file at the same time. ~Parag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Console Input from a file

hi 2 all whatever in a file that line have to come in console screen .. when i execte that script ... >cat abc date ls >./abc >date ---->that line hav to come here > ls ----> that line hav to come here please anyone help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)