Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep with wildcard in middle of word Post 302281713 by danmauer on Thursday 29th of January 2009 10:14:08 AM
Old 01-29-2009
correct, that what i understood..

so shouldn't G.*schema mean 0 or more of any character between G and schema?

so for ${Gacntg_dt}""'"' i get the 0 or more characters after G but the string schema doesn't get considered as part of the match.

sorry, but i must be missing something...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add a word in the middle

I have a file where in I need to add gctunit1/gtdivcompebb1/ after the = sign for example: gtfix31/gctunit_gtdivcompebb1/csclkswcompbypassstepgnnnh = gctunit1/gtdivcompebb1/csclkswcompbypassstepgnnnh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to grep with a newline in the middle of an expression?

I'm hoping that there is a way to do this. I'm sure I won't be able to get the answer I need on the deadline I need it...but at least I'll learn how to solve this problem. I have a file that looks like this: (00:14:25\$ head -27 QNHDSPACEDVR Name: PollDhctAVFSInfo 00:0F:21:4B:00:6A Name:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing only the middle word between two patterns

How would I print the word "and" between the words "FOO" and BAR" using sed? My file has three words in it FOO and BAR. I only want the word "and". Thanks every one. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigta09
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep middle word between two patterns

Hi, I'm currently working on a shell script to automate a backup check on oracle database. My requirement is to grep the words between two delimiters and pass on to a variable.. for ex I have following values in my log file... (DB_NAME), (163.24 25), (16/02/10 23:40), (COMPLETED), I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find zipcode with Grep with optional space in middle

Hello everyone. I am new to unix, nice to meet you all. I have a small problem with a question. I have to write a command that finds all the postal codes in a txt file. All postal codes will begin on its own line in the txt file. This is the formal of postal code: "A#A#A#" or "A#A #A#" A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonmerc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard inside regular expression for grep

Hi, I'm on a Linux machine with a bash shell. I have some apache logs from where I want to extract the lines that match this pattern : "GET /dir1/dir2/dir3/bt_sx.gif HTTP/1.1" but where "/dir1/dir2/dir3/bt_sx" may vary , so I would like to grep something like cat apache.log | grep "\"GET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Wildcard search

How can i grep for a pattern with wildcard using grep? I want to identify all the lines that start with SAM and end in .PIPE IN.TXT SAM_HEADER.PIPE SAM_DETAIL.PIPE SAM_INVOICE.PIPE Can i do something like grep SAM*.PIPE IN.TXT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard for grep

GNU grep with Oracle Linux 6.3 I want to grep for strings starting with the pattern ora and and having the words r2j in it. It should return the lines highlighted in red below. But , I think I am not using wildcard for multiple characters correctly. $ cat someText.txt ora_pmon_jcpprdvp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with wildcard

hi anyone how can use grep with wildcard. for example grep "sample?txt" filename doesn't show sample1txt or grep "sample*txt" filename doesn't show sample123.txt that there is in filename. many thanks samad (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep using wildcard in a file.

I wish to check if my file has a line that does not start with '#' and has 1. Listen and 2. 443 echo "Listen 443" > test.out grep 'Listen *443' test.out | grep -v '#' Listen 443 The above worked fine but when the entry changes to the below the grep fails... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)