Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Full Command Logging?
Special Forums Cybersecurity Full Command Logging? Post 302281708 by otheus on Thursday 29th of January 2009 10:08:00 AM
Old 01-29-2009
I made some updates to snoopy, including command argument handling, fixing its bugs, and a more flexible configuration (filtering out uninteresting commands, such as crond children, etc), but the authors haven't responded. It relies on any system that allows the LD_PRELOAD and supports sysv seamphores. If you are interested, I will send you my version, and you can help me remove any other bugs. Smilie Send me a PM with your email address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH and command logging

Hi all... I've completed the task of deploying SSH over my 400 servers. I don't know if i'm right or wrong, but ssh doesn't do any command-logging, does it? Is there a app i can use to log all commands passed ( besides the usual .sh_history), whith no modification possible by the user, and how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is command for logging?

Hi, I am trying to recollect the command used to log a file. We use this command just before starting, say, installation. At the end you get a file capturing the series of commands you used during the course of time and sytems response. Could anybody please help. Thanks, Dasa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtamminx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging command invocations - cmdlog

. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Driver
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Logging in SCO

Hello, new user here. I am the "administrator" for a few SCO Unix servers here, but do not have much Unix administration experience other than some basic stuff (don't ask). Anyway, I have been charged with finding a way to log all users commands for auditing purposes. This includes root. The log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian_g
2 Replies

5. Solaris

shell command logging

Does anyone have a simple method of logging all shell commands typed by a user (csh in our case)? - I could enable auditing, but this would be overkill - I could enable process accounting, but AFAIK, this does not log arguments Thanks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minkie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command-logging

hi folks, In the following code, logfile remains empty. log_file="/u/Sc/prav.log.$mon$day" ps -ef | grep "myprocess"| awk -v logfile=$log_file '{ system("date >> logfile") }' can u please help as how to log the date to that logfile. thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravfraz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash logging al $() command lines

I have been doing a lot more bash on LINUX RedHat and Ubuntu lately, and one thing keeps cropping up intermittently. If I do a $( some-commands ) Command Substitution, the some-commands are logged onto my screen each time they are evaluated. Did I turn on some odd option? It seems to happen just... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Logging

I searched the forums for command logging and the user "Driver" seemed to provide a script for logging shell commands with related info like date and time. The subject was "logging command invocations -cmdlog" . I would be interested in this script. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starcraft
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol10 + OpenLDAP = excessive logging & full file system??!!

Hello all, new to this forum (member of many others). Hopefully I can find help here. SERVER: Brand new server Oracle Enterprise SPARC T4-1 Loaded Solaris SPARC 10 u10, patched to 147440-27 Loaded OpenLDAP v2.4.30 Loaded Berkley DB 4.7.25.NC Loaded OpenSSL 1.0.1c Note: All packages are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wraith_G2IC
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Logging events of /tmp full

Hi everybody, few days ago we had a big issue with one of our solaris10 server. Suddenly while my colleague was working on it for some troubleshooting he realized that the performance started to degrade. At the end it reached the point that was not even possible to login usng the local console... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdegiovanni
7 Replies
TORSOCKS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       TORSOCKS(1)

NAME
torsocks - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the torsocks(8) library to transparently allow an application to use a SOCKS proxy. Basi- cally a renamed, patched tsocks. SYNOPSIS
torsocks [application [application's arguments]] or torsocks [on|off] or torsocks DESCRIPTION
torsocks is a wrapper between the torsocks library and the application what you would like to run socksified. SUMMARY
By default, torsocks will assume that it should connect to the SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 on port 9050. This is the default address and port for Tor's socks server on most installations. In order to use a configuration file, you must set the environment variable TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE with the location of the file. If TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE is not set, torsocks will attempt to read the configuration file at /etc/torsocks.conf. If that file cannot be read, torsocks will use sensible defaults for most Tor installations, i.e. it will assume that you want to use a SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 (localhost) on port 9050. For further information on configuration, see torsocks.conf(5). OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that torsocks(8) will transparently proxy SOCKS connec- tions in that program [on|off] this option adds or removes torsocks(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. When torsocks(8) is in this variable all executed applications are automatically socksified. If you want to use this function, you HAVE to source the shell script from yours, like this: "source /usr/bin/torsocks" or ". /usr/bin/torsocks" Example: ". torsocks on" -- add the torsocks lib to LD_PRELOAD ". torsocks off" -- remove the torsocks lib from LD_PRELOAD [show|sh] show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD variable <without any argument> create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including torsocks(8). AUTHOR
This script was created by Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> for the debian package of tsocks. It (along with this manual page) have since been adapted into the torsocks project and modified. TORSOCKS
TORSOCKS(1)