Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is there any visual aid program like Task Manager for Solaris? Post 302281686 by gppande on Thursday 29th of January 2009 09:51:46 AM
Old 01-29-2009
too big

Did not knew this. Nice.
Yeh. too big a program which would crash my system if enable :-)
Anything lighter?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routine Task being a Solaris Administrator

Hi, What are routine task being a solaris administrator ? Thanks, Far (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Far
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris daily task

Hi friends, I am new to Solaris admin. Can any one brief me a checklist for the daily routine task to be performed on my unix boxes? I have solaris 9 and 10 running on 10 servers. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
0 Replies

5. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies
cr_read(3)						     Library Functions Manual							cr_read(3)

NAME
cr_read - read from crash dump SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function attempts to read the memory area defined by mem_page and num_pages into the buffer pointed to by buf from the crash dump opened using crash_cb. The starts at the position in the crash dump associated with the physical memory offset given by mem_page. If the physical memory page mem_page does not exist in the crash dump, sets *num_pages to 0 and returns 0. No data transfer will occur past a page of memory that does not exist in the crash dump. If the starting position, mem_page, plus the read length, *num_pages, goes past an area of memory that does not exist in the crash dump, sets *num_pages to the number of consecutive pages (starting at mem_page) actually read. RETURN VALUE
Returns zero for success. Other possible return values are described in libcrash(5). EXAMPLES
Assuming a process opened a crash dump, the following call to cr_read(3) reads the first pages from the crash dump into the buffer pointed to by mybuf: WARNINGS
may return fewer pages than requested due to implementation details. Always check the number of pages returned. If they are fewer than requested, issue a new request starting at the first page not returned. Only if that new request reads zero pages (or returns an error) can you be sure that the page was not dumped. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cr_open(3), libcrash(5). cr_read(3)