Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with type-casting in awk Post 302281651 by vivek.bharadwaj on Thursday 29th of January 2009 08:34:29 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Zaxxon

I've tried using -ak as well as the code that you've posted.

Both are giving the same result : displaying all the files and subfolders present in the directory mentioned.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variable type

Dear All, I am trying to write an script to calculate geometric centre of selected residues of a protein structure. Say I have a PDB file (a text containing the x, y, and z coordinates of atoms of a protein). I want to extract the X coordinates of the atoms belonging to the interested residues... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavoush
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal type problem with cygwin on aix

hey, I use cygwin to connect to AIX 5.2 but when I open vi I get an error saying: ex: 0602-108 cygwin is not a recognized terminal type how can I fix that? I thought cygwin was tty vt100? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck on a matching, copying type problem

Hi all, I am new to these forum and to scripting in general for that matter. i have been looking through the forums for something that could explain my problem. I have be come pretty familiar with sed and awk but I can not seem to figure this out... I am trying to match data from 3 files but every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derek3131
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

casting

Hi everyone, I was wondering how i could cast a floating value to an integer in csh Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find problem listing directories even -type f

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh find /home/other -ls -type f -xdev | sort -nrk7 | head -2 >bigfile.txt The above is my script, which writes the large file into a file called bigfile.txt. My script contains only the above two lines. after execution i am getting the output like find: cannot chdir to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How type casting works ?

I am having a doubt with type casting in C. Very often in network programming, we have something like this: char *data = ...; struct iphdr *ip = (struct iphdr *) data; where iphdr is define in netinet/ip.h. Let us say that the size of the content of held by 'data' is much more than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ type-casting a member variable in const methods

Is it permitted to type-cast a member variable passed in as a parameter in a member const method .. I am doing something like : in a return-type method () const { variable other = long(member variable) } this other assigned variable is not updating and I wonder if type-casting in such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Type casting problem

hi guys, i m new to shell script.. i dont know how to type cast string into integers and i mention my problem below.. date="21091988" month=$((${date:2:2})) # extract the month from previous date variable temp=$(($month*23)) when i am trying to calculate the temp value i got the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raadhaakrishnan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Casting the data command !

Hey guys. 1st problem: I have to create a script for every hour run a script against a DB and then produce results to log file and eventually email. I have to manipulate the date command from something like this date '+%F %H:%M.%s' which produces the below the below result 2014-08-01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo_VERTICASQL
2 Replies

10. Programming

Very strange output with casting

Hi All, I am having a strange issue. Below is the code snippet. If I print fraction * (double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor) which is a double I am getting 154 when I type cast that to int as (int)( ((fraction) * ((double)::pow((double)10,scalingFactor)))) it is becoming 153. Not sure why... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies
MACSTREAM(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MACSTREAM(1)

NAME
macstream - Convert a series of files to a MacBinary stream SYNOPSIS
macstream [ - options ] files DESCRIPTION
macstream takes the files specified in files and combines them to a MacBinary stream on standard output subject to the options specified. If files also specifies directories they are followed recursively, and all files found will be put in the MacBinary stream, together with directory information. OPTIONS
In the absence of any options, macstream takes the specified files and silently combines them to a MacBinary stream, writing the result to standard output. Directories named in files are followed recursively, all files found will be put in the MacBinary stream, together with directory information. Files are assumed to be in MacBinary format. However, if the filename ends with .info the file is assumed to be the info fork of a MacIntosh file split amongst more than one file. In that case the files with .data and .rsrc extension are also read (if present). Also, if the info fork is mentioned in the parameter list, the names of data and resource forks can also be mentioned, but those will be ignored (this is to allow wild-card expansion by the shell.) Further, if some form of AppleShare is supported by the installed program, and if the current directory, or one of the directories found during recursive processing, is a directory in the format of the supported version of AppleShare, those files will be handled according to the properties of AppleShare. -r No intelligent file-processing is performed; all files named are assumed to be plain resource files, and are written as MacIntosh resource files with creator "RSED" and type "RSRC", unless another creator and/or type are specified. -d No intelligent file-processing is performed; all files named are assumed to be plain data files, and are written as MacIntosh data files with creator "MACA" and type "TEXT", unless another creator and/or type are specified. -u As -d, but the codes for CR and LF are interchanged. -U Is a synonym for -u. -c creator Defines the creator name to be used if one of the previous options is specified. -t type Defines the type name to be used if one of the previous options is specified. -l List every file and directory processed. -i Do not output files, give information only (implies -l.) -q Ask the user for every file/directory whether it should be visited (implies -l.) -V Gives the patchlevel of the program, and other information. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. -H Give short information about the options. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. BUGS
As this is a beta release, there may still be some problems. SEE ALSO
macutil(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACSTREAM(1)