Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing data of output file with input Post 302281638 by bhagya2340 on Thursday 29th of January 2009 08:25:16 AM
Old 01-29-2009
That really nice of you... thanks a lot...
I dont mind adding another tem file in between runtime.out and time.out if that will slove the problem... I just want some solution this as i have to forward the script by tomm morning to someone else...if not i will be a dealbreaker... I would prefer a sed... but i dont mind any other solution... till it works... please help me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing spaces with null or 0 in the input file

hi i have records in my input file like this aaa|1234||2bc||rahul|tamilnadu bba|2234||b4c||bajaj|tamilnadu what i am expecting is in between two pipes if there is no character it should be replaced with null or 0 so my file will look like this aaa|1234|null|2bc|0|rahul|tamilnadu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing part of a text file with user input.

Ok, I am brand new to UNIX and I am trying to learn a cross between basic script and database use. I had got some ideas off the net on simple ideas for learning UNIX. I am working on creating a simple phone book program that allows myself to enter our employees from work into a phone book text... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgefurbee
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add data from 2 input files and save it in 1 output file

Hi, i have 2 input files which are file1.txt and file2.txt. I need to extract data from file1.txt and file2.txt and save it in file3.txt like example below:- File1.txt ID scrap1 Name scrap1 start 1 end 10 ID scrap2 Name scrap2 start 11 end ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split input data file and put into same output file

Hi All, I have two input file and need to generate a CSV file. The existing report just "GREP" the records with the Header and Tailer records with the count of records. Now i need to split the data into 25 records each in the same CSV file. id_file (Input file ) 227050994 232510151... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasmith
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding data in input file if 2nd script output SUCCESS

Hi All, how can i edit my original data and add more data if my 2nd script outputs SUCESS? ex. input file: 1.txt nik,is,the 1script.sh if 2ndscript.sh output SUCCESS then i'm going to edit my input file and add data best,pogi.. sample outputdata. nik,is,the,best,pogi 2ndscript.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing data in one file with data in another

Hello, I have 2 files delimited by "|". File1: 1|New York 12| Buffalo 599| Syracuse File2: 56 Kennedy |1 9 Burridge Pl|15 98 BELL ROCK |599 My goal: Is to replace the numerical numbers in "File 2" (second field, not street address) with the corresponding city names from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk replacing file with user input

this section of the awk code i have here takes file to work with from the user. the user specifies the file name from the command line and the file name is assigned to the variable $FLIST awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${FLIST}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="}\n" } now, i dont want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to reformat output if input file is empty, but not if file has data in it

The below awk improved bu @MadeInGermany, works great as long as the input file has data in it in the below format: input chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 631 18 chrX 25031028 25031925 chrX:25031028-25031925 ARX 632 14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
TV_GRAB_IL(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    TV_GRAB_IL(1p)

NAME
tv_grab_il - Grab TV listings for Israel. SYNOPSIS
tv_grab_il --help tv_grab_il --version tv_grab_il --capabilities tv_grab_il --description tv_grab_il [--config-file FILE] [--days N] [--offset N] [--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug] tv_grab_il --configure [--config-file FILE] tv_grab_il --configure-api [--stage NAME] [--config-file FILE] [--output FILE] tv_grab_il --list-channels [--config-file FILE] [--output FILE] [--quiet] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
Output TV listings in XMLTV format for many channels available in Israel. The data comes from tv.walla.co.il. First you must run tv_grab_il --configure to choose which channels you want to receive. Then running tv_grab_il with no arguments will get a listings in XML format for the channels you chose for available days including today. OPTIONS
--configure Prompt for which channels to download and write the configuration file. --config-file FILE Set the name of the configuration file, the default is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_il.conf. This is the file written by --configure and read when grabbing. --output FILE When grabbing, write output to FILE rather than standard output. --days N When grabbing, grab N days rather than all available days. --offset N Start grabbing at today + N days. N may be negative. --quiet Suppress the progress-bar normally shown on standard error. --debug Provide more information on progress to stderr to help in debugging. --list-channels Write output giving <channel> elements for every channel available (ignoring the config file), but no programmes. --capabilities Show which capabilities the grabber supports. For more information, see <http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XmltvCapabilities> --version Show the version of the grabber. --help Print a help message and exit. ERROR HANDLING
If the grabber fails to download data for some channel on a specific day, it will print an errormessage to STDERR and then continue with the other channels and days. The grabber will exit with a status code of 1 to indicate that the data is incomplete. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variable HOME can be set to change where configuration files are stored. All configuration is stored in $HOME/.xmltv/. On Windows, it might be necessary to set HOME to a path without spaces in it. SUPPORTED CHANNELS
For information on supported channels, see http://tv.walla.co.il/ AUTHOR
lightpriest. This documentation and parts of the code based on various other tv_grabbers from the XMLTV-project. SEE ALSO
xmltv(5). perl v5.14.2 2011-12-19 TV_GRAB_IL(1p)