Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO 5.0.7 Cron creates files with 600, need 644 Post 302281625 by otheus on Thursday 29th of January 2009 07:40:45 AM
Old 01-29-2009
Hrm, you can try launching the cron daemon like this:
Code:
umask 022
crond

to see if that changes things.

If not, you can just change every cron job:
Code:
0,30 * * * * { umask 022; run-job.sh }

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

gVim creates and leaves strange tilde ~ files in Windows

Hey folks, I have used gVim in Windows for many years but I have never found an answer to a very simple question I am going to ask you guys... My question is if there is a way to eliminate the creation of those ~ files that gVim creates in Windows. If you have ever used gVim in Windows you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghbarratt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

write script for more then 600 files

Hi, i have 600 or more file on my server and from this 600 files i want to make one file. i have written this script SPATH=/etlstg/DAT TPATH=/etlstg/DAT/DAT_PROCESSED FILE_DATE=`TZ=CST+24 date +20%y%m%d` a1=0 while do a2=0 while do a3=0 while ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

naming files that csplit creates

Hi, This is my first time on this forum.. I searched the previous answers, but didn't find the answer I was looking for at first glance. csplit works beautifully for me, except for one thing. My file looks like this: ad|name1|asdf...(several pages)..asdf ... ad|name2|asdf...(several... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

5. AIX

How to create all files generated in a directory with 644 permissions?

Hi, We are using AIX machines. How to create all files generated in a directory with 644 permissions automatically. Regards, Suresh (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert creates multiple files

I want to crop an image and am using convert convert mountain.png -crop 3000x4500 +repage -format png mountain--cr.png The problem is that convert is creating 4 files mountain--cr-0.png mountain--cr-1.png mountain--cr-2.png mountain--cr-3.png The first is what I need, the other... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
10 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)