Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting give permission to read a file Post 302281600 by zaxxon on Thursday 29th of January 2009 07:09:22 AM
Old 01-29-2009
You could check the man page for sudo on your system, if it is installed or also search the web, as a start showing your proactive search for a solution Smilie There is an official sudo page which explains everything also.

Example:

Edit the sudoers file to your needs using the command "visudo". For more help check the mentioned sites. It should have this line for the example output down there:
Code:
Cmnd_Alias DO = /bin/cat /data/tmp/testfeld/bla
tester localhost = NOPASSWD:DO

Code:
-rw------- 1 root root     5 2009-01-29 12:59 bla
tester@isau02:/data/tmp/testfeld$ cat bla
cat: bla: Keine Berechtigung
tester@isau02:/data/tmp/testfeld$
tester@isau02:/data/tmp/testfeld$ sudo /bin/cat /data/tmp/testfeld/bla
yoyo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read permission but cant ls -l it.

ok what is the signifigance of the -l that wont let you list the contents of a directory you clearly have access to list files. what am i missing /tmp$ls -l hold hold/file1: Permission denied total 0 /tmp$ls hold file1 /tmp$ls -l dr-x---r-- 2 root other 179 Apr 23... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give permission for a specified user

Hi All, How can i give permission for a specific user ( eg. admin ) ? I tried with chmod admin+r prog.sh which doesnt work. Is there any way i can specify a user's name and give the permission? Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Permission

How can view the list of only those files & directories which have read permission..! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetrocks2005
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission file questions--Please read!!!

1. I have an executable file that I have granted the users full permission "777" for it to work. I don't want the user to read this file! How can I prevent a user to read it? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

give user permission on specific directory in solaris

dear all does any one give any user write permission using access control list or another way to solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HOw do i give a user cronjob edit/settings permission?

Hi, In a Unix Server when i 'su' to my name and type in crontab it says " You are not authorised......". Pls suggest what to do? How do i give myself permission so that I can schedule a cron. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD....read only permission

After creating a user account...how do i verify if theres only read access on the account. If not read access would i enter chmod a-xw "username"? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to give full permission to a directory?

Hi, I have enabled the Apache webserver on my machime. Apache root directory is /etc/apache2 and the user in which the web server is configured is webservd,I guess. I have another user called perf. Under perf user there is /export/home/perf/v9 directory. I want to give the OS user of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas89
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to give permissions to read write but not delete the file?

i want to give users the ability to create write and read files in other user directory , but not to have option to delete the file after created ( sticky bit not going to work here ... ) for example : i have user : manager with directory repository i have user : worker1 that need to write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I give permission for the kill command?

<?php $comando = "kill -9 3104"; $output = shell_exec($comando); ?> I am running this web page, but it does not execute the command, in the log file it looks like this: sh: 1: kill: Operation not permitted How do I give permission to execute the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rodrigo_Bueno
1 Replies
Towitoko Tester(1)					      General Commands Manual						Towitoko Tester(1)

NAME
towitoko-tester -- Towitoko driver CT-API interface tester tool SYNOPSIS
towitoko-tester DESCRIPTION
towitoko-tester is a simple tool that allows executing some simple commands on a smartcard using a Towitoko smartcard reader. It can be used to test that a smartcard can be properly recognized, and that it can be read and written. The tool provides a text based menu interface. Commands that can be executed via the menu depends on the reader card insertion status and the type of card inserted. For memory cards it permits reading and writing data bytes, checking and changing the PIN. For processor cards it permits selecting, reading and updating binary card files. Several readers on different ports can be used at a time. The text menu allows opening, closing and changing current port. The smartcard can be inserted and removed from any initialized reader at any time. The tool will automatically detect when the card is inserted and removed, and will update the information shown in the menu. However you must refresh the menu to see any change reflected. If you have installed pcscd package, and have configured your reader to be used by pscsd, you'll need to stop the pcsc daemon before ini- tializing the reader with towitoko-tester. SEE ALSO
ctapi (3) and ctbcs (3). pcscd (8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Carlos Prados <cprados@debian.org>. Towitoko Tester(1)