Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nohup terminating
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nohup terminating Post 302281515 by otheus on Thursday 29th of January 2009 03:44:10 AM
Old 01-29-2009
If the process command is trying to read from the terminal (or standard input is not redirected), nohup won't work. You should redirect input to </dev/null, a scripting file, or close it with 0<&-

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminating myself

just like what the subject said but the ip is different example if now my IP is 192.168.0.50 and my name is seed if i wanna terminate 192.168.0.55 with the same nick of mine, seed can i do that ?? and what is the command ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeeD
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

terminating script with CTRL+D

Hi, I'm trying to make a script that reads the console input and terminates with CTRL+D. It's absolutely basic but I don't know how to "read" the CTRL+D. I've tried a bunch of things like EOT=^D while //with & without quotations do read input echo $input done while while ] ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminating child script with terminating the parent script

Hi I was working on a shell script with randomly shows a page of text from a randomly selected topic .As soon as the page is displayed it callers a timer script which keeps on running indefinitely until the timer script is killed by the user. This is where I have the problem,if I press... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mervin2006
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Terminating Processes by Name

Hi! Just want to know if there is one command that I can use to kill processes by its name. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: love833
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script unexpectedly terminating

I now that this isnt the greatest code around. Im a network guy by trade not a programer .. but needed something to compare config files ... Anyway ... intermittently, the program terminates. Ive been looking at the code for a week trying to figure it out and Im stumped. Can anyone provide... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads terminating when a signal is generated

hi all, i had created 3 threads using pthreads. Each thread does a different job. Now the main problem is when one thread generates a signal (for example SIGFPE, SIGINT) then the process terminates and all other threads do terminate eventually. I want to keep other threads running i.e, i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyrulz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i terminating expect script without terminating SSH connection.

Hi all , i know i ask a lot of question but these are really hard to solve and important question. I send two scripts: expect.sh: #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn ssh root@172.30.64.163 expect "login:" send "root\n" expect "password:" send "root\n^M" interact and son.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

E1 Link Terminating on Solaris Box

Hi, I have multiple boxes connected using some RAD Routers and these RAD routers are not working as per our expectations. The Data transfer is negligible and speed of connectivity. I need to check if I can directly terminate an E1 cable connection to my Solaris Box excluding a Router... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cd error terminating loop

Hi All, I am trying to make a small shell script.In this it will got directory as per variable & run the find command on that directory.There are 120 + directories & not sure all of them are mounted.So the issue is if the directory doesent exists my loops gets terminated. so is there any was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies
NOHUP(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from an unreadable file. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nohup> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nohup invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NOHUP(1)