Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Link to a directory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Link to a directory Post 302281512 by ganga.dharan on Thursday 29th of January 2009 03:35:13 AM
Old 01-29-2009
i also tried within the same filesystem and it didn't work either :-(

user@host:/base/projects/$ ln /base/projects/directory_A/* /base/projects/directory_B
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/Sybase_Scripts is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/Utilities is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/action is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/bin is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/generalLedger is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/hedgeScenarios is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/instSource is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/sqlsource is a directory. Cannot hard link.
ln: 0653-423 /base/projects/directory_A/tk is a directory. Cannot hard link.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

To link a filesystem to a directory

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me out with one of my simple problems. I have a filesystem, /oracle/dir1/sapdataA. The client has the filesystem /oracle/dir1/sapdata1. Now I want to link these 2 directories so that if I cd to /oracle/dir1 and do an ls -l I get the following output: cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brookingsd
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how link directory

I want to link directory to another directory pls confirm whether i am doing correct or not I want to link test directory to another hist directory /users/test/ ln -s /users/hist pl confirm (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getdpg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

soft link for directory in root FS

Hi, In root folder there is one directory "/usr/sap/P38/TRX00/index" as the data is going to increase so to aviod root fs become 100% full ,we have to create one soft link that would point to another point mount created with on same disk ultimatly that New Fs(/test) will store data instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris123
2 Replies

4. Web Development

html link to images in /tmp directory

Because of permission issues, I need to link to images in my web page which are stored in /tmp which of course is located in the root directory but my actual html page is much further down in another directory. I thought the the following code should work, but the image comes up as a broken link:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solerous
2 Replies

5. AIX

link directory across server

Hi All, I have directory "A" on server "1". I also have directory "B" on Server "2" I need to link these 2 directories "A" and "B" which are across servers. Is it possible? If so, can somebody help me on this? Thanks in advance. Mugundan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard link a directory

Is it possible to Hard link a directory? Some people on google say it is possible and some say it is not possible. I haven't seen a working solution though. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link for an existing directory

Hi , i am trying to make a symbolic link for an existing directory, but i am facng some problems regarding the usage of command. If there is no directory i can make a symbolic link, but for an existing directory i am not able to. can anyone post me the exact usage if we already have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahasra
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Broken Links in the Site Link Directory

(split from another thread) Hi. Can you please post a copy of the exact link you used? I have no trouble accessing either the readme, or the link to "Featured Books and Articles by Active Forum Members - Links" Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on checking for directory or symbolic link

Hi, Can anyone please advise why the following is not working as I expected it to be? Test script as below: #!/bin/ksh for checkdir in dir* do echo "Checking ${checkdir}" if ; then echo "... ${checkdir} is a directory" elif Output from sample run as below: $:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Create a Link for a directory

Hi, I need to create a link as stagein01 for the /p11/prod/stagein01/. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Regards, VN (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
5 Replies
projects(1)							   User Commands						       projects(1)

NAME
projects - print project membership of user SYNOPSIS
projects [-dv] [ user] projects -l [projectname [projectname...]] DESCRIPTION
The projects command prints on standard output the projects to which the invoking user or an optionally specified user belongs. Each user belongs to some set of projects specified in the project(4) file and possibly in the associated NIS maps and LDAP databases for project information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Prints only default project. -l Prints verbose info on each project projectname. If no projectnames are given, info on all projects is printed. -v Prints project descriptions along with project names. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: projectnaDisplay information for the specified project. user Displays project memberships for the specified user. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Membership for a Specified User example$ projects paul default beatles wings example$ projects ringo default beatles example$ projects -d paul beatles EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 A fatal error occurred during execution. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. FILES
/etc/project Local database containing valid project definitions for this machine. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The human-readable output is Unstable. SEE ALSO
getdefaultproj(3PROJECT), getprojent(3PROJECT), project(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 May 2004 projects(1)