Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP daemon stops responding
Operating Systems AIX FTP daemon stops responding Post 302281443 by jhall on Thursday 29th of January 2009 12:02:43 AM
Old 01-29-2009
FTP daemon stops responding

I have a strange problem with the FTP server on AIX 5.2. During the busiest time of the day, we get intermittent connection failures or timeouts connecting to the ftp server. The only thing clue that I can find is that daemon log shows the following message:

ftpd[52222]: /bin/ls: Resource temporarily unavailable

Has anyone ever seen this error? Is there anything else that I can look at that might help diagnose this issue?

Thanks in advance for you help!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS stops responding for few minutes and back to normal again

Hi Friends, I have 1 NIS and 2 NFS, at every one time, the max number of user logged in is less than 60. Everytime, I need to use the NIS. The system stops responding for around 10mins and back to normal and again stops responding again and back to normal. Does anyone knows what is cause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell not responding

Hi all (Shell: ksh Unix: NCR Unix) Upon opening a shell, I can type a command (any command), but the shell does very little or nothing. If I cd to an unknown directory, the shell responds with "file not found", if I issue 'ls', I get no directory listing (files are present). If I issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Help! System not responding!

Hello All! please help. I have a solaris8 server (NIS client) that lost network connectivity to NIS master server. After restoring connectivity to NIS master server, I can't access the server. 1. The server responds to ping. 2. Telnet -- after it authenticates I do not get a prompt. 3.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
3 Replies
ftprestart(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ftprestart(1M)

NAME
ftprestart - restart previously shutdown FTP Servers SYNOPSIS
ftprestart [-V] DESCRIPTION
Use the ftprestart command to restart an FTP Server previously shut down by means of ftpshut(1M). The ftprestart command reads the shutdown capability from the ftpaccess(4) file to determine the path of the shutdown message files. It then reenables the FTP Server by removing any shutdown message files in the anonymous and virtual FTP Server area, as well as the system wide shutdown message file. OPTIONS
The ftprestart command supports the following options: -V Display program copyright and version information, then terminate. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample Output from ftprestart The following example shows sample output from the ftprestart command: example% ftprestart ftprestart: /export/home/ftp/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /export/home/virtual1/etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. ftprestart: /etc/ftpd/shutdown.msg removed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpaccess /etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpshut(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpservers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftprestart(1M)