Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup of VIO
Operating Systems AIX Backup of VIO Post 302281434 by balaji_prk on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 11:28:06 PM
Old 01-29-2009
viosvrcmd -m <MS> -p <partition> -c "backupios -f <path>"

my problem got resolved once i rebooted the hmc.. but wondering why would it happen Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

2. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

vio in linux

I am working in AIX. In a P series machine both aix and linux os can install.. specific command is there for aix to list out the vio servers details mapped in a frame(ie. lssrc "IBM.ManagementServer", like that..) is there any command is der to list out vio servers details in linux or how to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralikrish
1 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. AIX

Problems with VIO O/S 2.2.3

I hope someone has experienced this problem before and can help. I have a P730 (8231-E2D) which is fitted with 8 IBM SAS disks on 2 separate SISSAS controllers. The disk type is ST9146853SS (Seagate SAS 146Gb). The problem occurs when I try to install the VIO server software at 2.2.3. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

9. AIX

Reboot VIO - OK?

We've got two datacenters and in every datacenter 2 VIOs. The VIO manages the I/O of the LPARs. So: Is it possible to reboot the VIO without shuting down an LPAR:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DiViN3
4 Replies
rem_drv(1M)                                                                                                                            rem_drv(1M)

NAME
rem_drv - remove a device driver from the system SYNOPSIS
rem_drv [-b basedir] device_driver The rem_drv command informs the system that the device driver device_driver is no longer valid. If possible, rem_drv unloads device_driver from memory. rem_drv also updates the system driver configuration files. If rem_drv has been executed, the next time the system is rebooted it automatically performs a reconfiguration boot (see kernel(1M)). The following options are supported: -b basedir Sets the path to the root directory of the diskless client. Used on the server to execute rem_drv for a client. The client machine must be rebooted to unload the driver. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -b option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). Example 1: Removing the sd Driver The following example removes the sd driver from use: example% rem_drv sd Example 2: Removing a Diskless Client The following example removes the driver from the sun1 diskless client. The driver is not uninstalled or unloaded until the client machine is rebooted. example% rem_drv -b /export/root/sun1 sd Note the caveat on the use of the -b option in the description of that option, above. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ add_drv(1M), kernel(1M), update_drv(1M), attributes(5), devfs(7FS) 6 Apr 2005 rem_drv(1M)