Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Corrupted journal in a Linux LVM How to recover Post 302281296 by ccj4467 on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 02:23:36 PM
Old 01-28-2009
Neo,

Correct.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

LVM for linux OS?

Hi, What do you means to create so OS Linux directories under LVM? So, I've installed my machine : df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/sda3 97943628 524316 92443984 1% / udev 4023852 168 4023684 1% /dev... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
1 Replies

2. Solaris

recover a corrupted solaris10 system /usr/lib

did something very dump under /usr/lib, eg: overwite a bunch of files from a similar system's /usr/lib, while the system is live.. I have no backup on this..it crashed...and came up with a bunch of device driver load errors and hung... This is Solaris10 update 7 .. I wonder if I could do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

3. Slackware

Linux on LVM

Dear all, I found, in Slackware, without using physical/raw partition Linux can be booted & OS will be in LVM but in general people use /boot from physical/raw partition to boot the RedHat linux System & root and other file systems would be in LVM. My doubt is how a system will be booted without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to recover the deleted file in Linux?

hi, i deleted one file from linux please let me know, if we can recover it ? if yes, pls let me know the steps to do.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies

5. Linux

Recovering corrupted LVM data: No readable superblocks

Hi all. Not sure where to post this, so figured I'd start here. I have a LVM2 partition that has become unreadable. I've scoured dozens of threads about the topic and have hit a wall, so any advice is appreciated. Below is what I think shows what my major problem is: First, a simple mount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dargason
3 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PERLIVP(1)