Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to insert the entry inside the line Post 302281244 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 12:27:31 PM
Old 01-28-2009
Code:
echo 'PX_LIST="2259 2215 270 2635 2874 2713 243 4124 2529 2874 34 477 "' | sed 's/PX_LIST="/&7777 /'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file inside awk and processing line by line

Hi Sorry to multipost. I am opening the new thread because the earlier threads head was misleading to my current doubt. and i am stuck. list=`cat /u/Test/programs`; psg "ServTest" | awk -v listawk=$list '{ cmd_name=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 for(pgmname in listawk) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit date entry inside a file

Hi All, I wanted to edit the date value located at /var/opt/CPsuite-R65/fw1/conf/local.scv. The date entry looks like this : :Signature (">=20100717") How can I update the date value by 1 day every other day while preserving the margins of the whole file in a shell script? I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: achillesxv
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a sequence number column inside a pipe delimited csv file using shell scripting?

Hi All, I need a shell script which could insert a sequence number column inside a dat file(pipe delimited). I have the dat file similar to the one as shown below.. |A|B|C||D|E |F|G|H||I|J |K|L|M||N|O |P|Q|R||S|T As shown above, the column 4 is currently blank and i need to insert sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithins007
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert empty columns inside a pipe delimited file

Hi All , I have pipe delimiter file with 11 columns . I need to insert 4 empty columns after column 10 . and After 11 column I need to insert a column which is having the same value for all the rows . My file 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11 New file ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a column inside a dataset with awk?

Hello folks I have a file called fill1.txt which contains: 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 2 my other file is called fill2.txt which contains: 1 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 1 Now, I am looking for a awk command which could insert fill1.txt between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert text after the first occurance of searched string entry in a file

My server xml file has huge data part of which i'm sharing below. I wish to add the below text held by variable "addthisline" after the closing braces i.e --> once the first </Connector> tag is found. addthisline="I need to be inserted after the comments" Thus my searchstring is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
insertln(3XCURSES)					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					insertln(3XCURSES)

NAME
insertln, winsertln - insert a line in a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int insertln(void); int winsertln(WINDOW *win); PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window in which to insert the line. DESCRIPTION
The insertln() and winsertln() functions insert a blank line before the current line in stdscr or win, respectively. The new line becomes the current line. The current line and all lines after it in the window are moved down one line. The bottom line in the window is dis- carded. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), deleteln(3XCURSES), insdelln(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 insertln(3XCURSES)