Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exiting a manual
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exiting a manual Post 302281171 by dennis89 on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 10:02:09 AM
Old 01-28-2009
Exiting a manual

I'm sure it's really easy, but I have searched on Google and on the forums and haven't found anything.

For instance, if I open the grep manual (man grep), I can't close it.
I've tried ctrl+c, ctrl+x, scrolling to the bottom of the manual.
How can I exit the manual without closing the shell?

edit: Thank you Tytalus.

Last edited by dennis89; 01-28-2009 at 11:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exiting in c

how can i exit in a c program i have tried system ("exit"); but this doesnt seem to work just wondered if you could help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruffenator
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No manual entry for

I don't seem to be able to get man pages up for any command. When I try the "No manual entry for..." message is displayed. When checking my $MANPATH variable I get the following /opt/SUNconn/man: However, when I check this directory it doesn't exist. Searching for any man directories results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NDM manual

Hi, Can any of you tell me how to get this ndm manual stuff? I need it to know specific error ids and descriptions Thanks, Vinodhini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodhini4
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a manual task

I have an ASCII file that I receive on a monthly bases that is fixed length. I break the file into separate files based on a 5 character numerical sequence. I have 20 different sequences I have to find. the input file looks something like this xy-ins 2008yuthnrlsinrthsntwilgrha33260001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Manual Entry

Hi, While executing the following command i am getting output as command not found. iostat output: command not found Also, man iostat is displaying "NO Manual Entry" Why is it so? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting a script

I have a script abc.sh. Its contents are as follows: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

exiting from script

Hi, I am trying to exit the script from a function. I was in assumption that if we use exit ( inside or outside the function) it will exit from the script. alternatively, return will exit from that particular function. but in my case, exit is exiting from the function and not the script.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Exiting signal 6

Hello all, I have a problem when installing Solaris 10 on Enterprise 450. I booted from dvd, then the installation was started. The error appeared after determining the installation method, F2-Standard, F?-Flash...... The error was Exiting signal 6. Please, need help. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hardono
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop Exiting

We are trying to design a flow so that an ETL job shouldn't start until the previous job completes. The script we have written is while ; do sleep 2; done The loop however exits even when the process is actually running. Why could this be happening? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_rajan
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop exiting

Hi , I am processing some files using below shell script the problem for loop exit after processing some files even though it exist.After modifying file.txt and rerunning the script and its running .Any Advise for i in `cat /xx/file.txt |tr -s "," '\n' ` ; do echo $i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)