Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using bc with floating point number in files Post 302281131 by pludi on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 09:27:30 AM
Old 01-28-2009
Option 1:
Code:
$( cat file | tr '\n' '/'|sed -e 's#/$#\n#'|bc )

Option 2:
Code:
$( cat file |perl -e '@v=<>; print $v[0]/$v[1];' )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point addition

hi, :) I have a file like this 10.456 123.567 456.876 234.987 ........ ....... What i want to do is ia have to add all those numbers and put the result in some other file. Any help pls. cheers RRK (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
8 Replies

2. Programming

floating point problem

Hi all! Hi all! I am working with a problem to find the smallest floating point number that can be represented. I am going in a loop ,stating with an initial value of 1.0 and then diving it by 10 each time thru the loop. So the first time I am getting o.1 which I wanted.But from the next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

Floating point error in C

Hi, see the simple code below double i; i=8080.9940; printf(" val :%.30f\n",i); output i m getting is val :8080.993999999999700000000000000 when i m expecting val :8080.9940 what happens?how can i avoid it? thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

4. Linux

Floating point exception !!!

Hi, I have linux fedora 4 ver., 2.6 kernal. And qmail & mysql & samba servers are already configured on this server. When I try to install any package like squidguard ,dansguardian,webmin,rsnapshots with command rpm -ivh . It is giving error as “Floating point exception" Snap View is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point number problem

Hello folks I Hope everyone is fine. I am calculating number of bytes calculation from apache web log. awk '{ sum += $10 } END { print sum }' /var/httpd/log/mydomain.log 7.45557e+09 it show above number, what should i do it sow number like 7455, i mean if after decimal point above 5 it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with floating point number loops

Hey, I guess I am just to stupid and am not seeing the "wood for the trees", but I am always getting strange errors. I want to create a mesh with coordinates like: x y z 3.1 3.0 0.75 0 0 1 3.1 2.9 0.75 0 0 1 3.1 2.8 0.75 0 0 1 3.1 2.7 0.75 0 0 1 3.0 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ergy1983
10 Replies

7. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Regex for floating point number

Hey again, I have a basic regex that tests if a number is a float. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert floating point to a number

Hello Guys, I have a floating point number 1.14475E+15 I want to convert this number in to full number (Integer or Big integer). I tried couple of functions it did not work. When I use INT=${FLOAT/.*} I am getting value as 1. I don't want a truncated value #!/bin/bash #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to print the smallest floating point number in a row that is not 0

Hello, I have often found bash to be difficult when it comes to floating point numbers. I have data with rows of tab delimited floating point numbers. I need to find the smallest number in each row that is not 0.0. Numbers can be negative and they do not come in any particular order for a given... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies
GLUPERSPECTIVE(3G)														GLUPERSPECTIVE(3G)

NAME
gluPerspective - set up a perspective projection matrix C SPECIFICATION
void gluPerspective( GLdouble fovy, GLdouble aspect, GLdouble zNear, GLdouble zFar ) PARAMETERS
fovy Specifies the field of view angle, in degrees, in the y direction. aspect Specifies the aspect ratio that determines the field of view in the x direction. The aspect ratio is the ratio of x (width) to y (height). zNear Specifies the distance from the viewer to the near clipping plane (always positive). zFar Specifies the distance from the viewer to the far clipping plane (always positive). DESCRIPTION
gluPerspective specifies a viewing frustum into the world coordinate system. In general, the aspect ratio in gluPerspective should match the aspect ratio of the associated viewport. For example, aspect=2.0 means the viewer's angle of view is twice as wide in x as it is in y. If the viewport is twice as wide as it is tall, it displays the image without distortion. The matrix generated by gluPerspective is multipled by the current matrix, just as if glMultMatrix were called with the generated matrix. To load the perspective matrix onto the current matrix stack instead, precede the call to gluPerspective with a call to glLoadIdentity. Given f defined as follows: f=cotangent(____) The generated matrix is (______ 0 0 0 ) 0 f 0 0 0 0 __________ _____________ 0 0 -1 0 NOTES
Depth buffer precision is affected by the values specified for zNear and zFar. The greater the ratio of zFar to zNear is, the less effec- tive the depth buffer will be at distinguishing between surfaces that are near each other. If r=_____ roughly log2r bits of depth buffer precision are lost. Because r approaches infinity as zNear approaches 0, zNear must never be set to 0. SEE ALSO
glFrustum(3G), glLoadIdentity(3G), glMultMatrix(3G), gluOrtho2D(3G) GLUPERSPECTIVE(3G)