Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fasta format?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fasta format? Post 302281107 by zaxxon on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 08:07:21 AM
Old 01-28-2009
I've written it in GNU sed; maybe you got one your box or can install one. Maybe someone else knows that has to be tweaked so it runs with other versions of sed, sorry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep FASTA files

I would like to extract the sequences larger than 10 bases but shorter than 18 along with the identifier from a FASTA file that looks like this: > Seq I ACGACTAGACGATAGACGATAGA > Seq 2 ACGATGACGTAGCAGT > Seq 3 ACGATACGAT I know I can extract the IDs alone with the following code grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing from FASTA to PHYLIP format

I really need some help with this task. I have a bunch of FASTA files with hundreds of DNA sequences that look like this: >SeqID1 AACCATGACAGAGGAGATGTGAACAGATAGAGGGATGACAGATGACAGATAGACCCAGAC TGACAGGTTCAAAGGCTGCAGTGCAGTGACGTGACGATTT >Sequence 22... (13 Replies)
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming (renumbering) fasta files

I have a fasta file that looks like this: >Noname ACCAAAATAATTCATGATATACTCAGATCCATCTGAGGGTTTCACCACTTGTAGAGCTAT CAGAAGAATGTCAATCAACTGTCCGAGAAAAAAGAATCCCAGG >Noname ACTATAAACCCTATTTCTCTTTCTAAAAATTGAAATATTAAAGAAACTAGCACTAGCCTG ACCTTTAGCCAGACTTCTCACTCTTAATGCTGCGGACAAACAGA ... I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oyster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this- >JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0 GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baika
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fasta header modification

Hi, I need some help with modifying fasta headers. I have a fasta file with thousands of contigs and I need to modify their headers with the information obtained from a second file. File 1 contains the fasta sequences: >contig0001 length=11115 numreads=10777 agatgtagatctct... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokaps
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Round up -FASTA file

I have the following script: awk 'FNR==NR{s+=$3;next;} { print $1 , $2, 100*$3/s }' and the following file: >P39PT-1224 Freq 900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcagctgctccggatcccgcaagccatcttggatatgagggttcgtcggcctcttcagccaagg-cccccagcagaacatccagctgatcg >P39PT-784 Freq 2... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count the length of fasta sequences?

I could calculate the length of entire fasta sequences by following command, awk '/^>/{if (l!="") print l; print; l=0; next}{l+=length($0)}END{print l}' unique.fasta But, I need to calculate the length of a particular fasta sequence specified/listed in another txt file. The results to to be... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to append two fasta files?

I have two fasta files as shown below, File:1 >Contig_1:90600-91187 AAGGCCATCAAGGACGTGGATGAGGTCGTCAAGGGCAAGGAACAGGAATTGATGACGGTC >Contig_98:35323-35886 GACGAAGCGCTCGCCAAGGCCGAAGAAGAAGGCCTGGATCTGGTCGAAATCCAGCCGCAG >Contig_24:26615-28387... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
11 Replies
VERSION:(1)							   User Commands						       VERSION:(1)

NAME
PyNAST - alignment of short DNA sequences SYNOPSIS
pynast [options] {-i input_fp -t template_fp} DESCRIPTION
[] indicates optional input (order unimportant) {} indicates required input (order unimportant) Example usage: pynast -i my_input.fasta -t my_template.fasta OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -t TEMPLATE_FP, --template_fp=TEMPLATE_FP path to template alignment file [REQUIRED] -i INPUT_FP, --input_fp=INPUT_FP path to input fasta file [REQUIRED] -v, --verbose Print status and other information during execution [default: False] -p MIN_PCT_ID, --min_pct_id=MIN_PCT_ID minimum percent sequence identity to consider a sequence a match [default: 75.0] -l MIN_LEN, --min_len=MIN_LEN minimum sequence length to include in NAST alignment [default: 1000] -m PAIRWISE_ALIGNMENT_METHOD, --pairwise_alignment_method=PAIRWISE_ALIGNMENT_METHOD method for performing pairwise alignment [default: uclust] -a FASTA_OUT_FP, --fasta_out_fp=FASTA_OUT_FP path to store resulting alignment file [default: derived from input filepath] -g LOG_FP, --log_fp=LOG_FP path to store log file [default: derived from input filepath] -f FAILURE_FP, --failure_fp=FAILURE_FP path to store file of seqs which fail to align [default: derived from input filepath] -e MAX_E_VALUE, --max_e_value=MAX_E_VALUE Depreciated. Will be removed in PyNAST 1.2 -d BLAST_DB, --blast_db=BLAST_DB Depreciated. Will be removed in PyNAST 1.2 SEE ALSO
http://pynast.sourceforge.net Version: pynast 1.1 August 2011 VERSION:(1)