Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In need of multi threaded perl assistance Post 302281090 by cbkihong on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 07:19:06 AM
Old 01-28-2009
To wait for a thread to exit, you can use the join() method.

perlthrtut - perldoc.perl.org

You may try to install a signal handler (such as $SIG{INT}) so that you can intercept the termination so that you can pass stop instruction to individual threads (by means of a shared variable that indicates go/stop condition). I think I have tried this in the past and has worked for me. Unfortunately I don't have the code right now, and I have forgotten most of these threaded stuff already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

multi-threaded server, pthreads, sleep

I am trying to writa a multi-client & multi-threaded TCP server. There is a thread pool. Each thread in the pool will handle requests of multiple clients. But here I have a problem. I find a solution but it is not how it must be... i think. When threads working without sleep(1) I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parahat Melayev
0 Replies

2. Programming

HOWTO: Calculate the balance of work in multi-threaded app.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a good idea how to calculate how balanced the threading is on a multi-threaded application. I want a percentage, such as "threads are 80% balanced." This is the way I am currently going about it, maybe it is good, maybe not. First, whenever a thread... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance with Perl and HTTP

I need to query a http site and then parse the xml results, this works well if I use the string in IE but I require an automated solution. I have tried using the following as well as HTTP::Request, nothing seems to work any suggestions would be appreciated, I have tried diffrnt things I found on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
7 Replies

4. AIX

multi threaded program is hanging

I have a Multithreaded program which is hanging on AIX. OS Version: AIX 5.2 and thread library version : 5.2.0.75 We Initiate the process with 50 threads..when we are disconnecting from the process it hangs.There is lots of other stuff involved here.I am just sending the piece of the problem with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hikrishn
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-threaded encryption @ Fedora 11

Hello, are any of the encryption programs capable of true multi-threading ? Friend of mine tells me that he's been running some testing on Fedora 11 and that the kernel doesn't support multi-threading at that level. I've been looking into TrueCrypt, encfs and both calm to support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

6. Linux

Multi-threaded encryption @ Fedora 11

Hello, are any of the encryption programs capable of true multi-threading ? Friend of mine tells me that he's been running some testing on Fedora 11 and that the kernel doesn't support multi-threading at that level. I've been looking into TrueCrypt, encfs and both calm to support... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

7. Programming

multi-threaded memory leak

Hello All : I write a .c program to test the exactually resource the memory leak as follows: 1 #include <stdio.h> 2 #define NUM 100000 3 void *Thread_Run(void * arg){ 4 //TODO 5 //pthread_datch(pthread_self()); 6 int socket= (int)arg; 7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aobai
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assistance with combining, sorting and saving multi files into one new file

Good morning. I have a piece of code that is currently taking multiple files and using the CAT.exe command to combine into one file that is then sorted in reverse order based on the 3rd field of the file, then displayed on screen. I am trying to change this so that the files are being combined into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaacmmason
4 Replies

9. Programming

Deallocating memory in multi-threaded environment.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to manage deallocation of memory in multithreaded environments. Specifically what I'm having a hard time with is using a lock to protect a structure, but when it's time to free the structure, you have to unlock the lock to destroy the lock itself. Which will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gngrwzrd
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for multi-threaded bash processes

hey everyone, I'm having some trouble breaking down some code. It's simple a control script that takes machines meant to be backed up from a list. Then according to that will run multi-threaded processes up until the specified thread limit. for example if there are 4 machines to be backed up,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)