Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare the log and display the time difference.. Post 302281080 by Tytalus on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 06:50:36 AM
Old 01-28-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the time difference between two lines of the same log file

Hello Friends, I want to write a script for the following: nlscux62:tibprod> grep "2008 Apr 30 01:" SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-2.log | grep -i post | more 2008 Apr 30 01:01:23:928 GMT +2 SAPAdapter.SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-SA_EHV_SPEED_SFC_IN_03-2 Info AER3-000095 IDOC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakam
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display time difference..

Hi i've written a script which reads last two line of the log file from N number of servers and send the mail by redirecting to a particular log file. And the two lines is displayed below. Oracle Q03 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 18:35:46 Oracle Q03 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 14:18:15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare difference

Hi every body Help required file 1 aaaaa bbbb cccccc dddd ffff File 2 aaaaa,1,ee,44,5t,6y, cccccc, ..... dddd, ..... eeeeee, ..... ffff, ...... ggg, ....... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Analysis with AWK with Time difference

I would like to write a shell script that calculated the time difference bettween the log entries. If the time difference is higher as 200 sec. print the complette lines out. My Problem is, i am unable to jump in the next line and calculate the time difference. Thank you for your Help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabian3010
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/Parse log file's lines using time difference/timestamp

I was looking at this script which outputs the two lines which differs less than one sec. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Time::Local; use constant SEC_MILIC => 1000; my $file='infile'; ## Open for reading argument file. open my $fh, "<", $file or die "Cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cele_82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find time difference between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in access.log

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to determine the time gap between HTTP PUT and HTTP DELETE requests in the HTTP Servers access log. Normally client will do HTTP PUT to push content e.g. file_1.txt and 21 seconds later it will do HTTP DELETE, but sometimes the time varies causing some issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies
VDETAPLIB(1)						      General Commands Manual						      VDETAPLIB(1)

NAME
vdetaplib - Virtual Distributed Ethernet tap emulation library SYNOPSIS
No synopsis DESCRIPTION
vdetaplib is a library that emulates tap (tuntap level2 interface, see in kernel sources Documentation/networking/tun.c) and connects tap virtual interfaces to vde networks. To use it, the libvdetab.so library must be preloaded (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so (csh, tchs syntax): setenv LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/vde2/libvdetap.so If you want to divert all tap requests to a single vde_switch set the variable VDEALLTAP to the vde socket. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export VDEALLTAP=/tmp/vde.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv VDEALLTAP /tmp/vde.ctl It is possible to set each single interface to different vde_switches by setting the environment variable with the same name of the inter- face. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0=/tmp/vde.ctl export tap1=/tmp/myvde.ctl export ppc=/tmp/ppc.ctl (csh, tchs syntax): setenv tap0 /tmp/vde.ctl setenv tap1 /tmp/myvde.ctl setenv ppc /tmp/ppc.ctl It is also possible to specify port, group or mode for a given interface setting environment variables as in the following example. (sh, ksh or bash syntax): export tap0_port=5 export tap0_group=vde-net export tap0_mode=0660 (csh, tchs, syntax): setenv tap0_port 5 setenv tap0_group vde-net setenv tap0_mode 0660 The variable to set the specific interface is checked first then VDEALLTAP. VDEALLTAP thus works as a default choice for the vde switch to be used. If VDEALLTAP is not set and there is no specific environment variable (and for tun -- IFF_TUN interfaces) the kernel provided interface is used. In this latter case access to /dev/net/tun is required, generally root access. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1). AUTHOR
VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet December 6, 2006 VDETAPLIB(1)