Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: autosys calendar
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting autosys calendar Post 302281065 by Tytalus on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 06:14:18 AM
Old 01-28-2009
Yoou should be able to set that up yourself...

Use the calendar button in the Autosys GUI or (my preference) from the command line 'autocal_asc' command.

You can specify any set of dates and save with a name e.g.last_month_days

when you create a job then use the run_calendar or specify in the jil script.

HTH

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

2. Web Development

Calendar on web - newbie

Hi folks, I am kind of new to these things. I want to create a web based database which will serve as a sort of vacation calendar for the employees so that we know how many men we have at a given date. We want this to be seen on internal pages only, so it will be accessed by a username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apprentice
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing Autosys Calendar.

Hi All, I'm try to import a Calendar in Autosys using below command, autocal_asc -I TKY_Test Utility to Add/Delete or Print entries in Calendar. Calendar Name: But it not allowing me to import the calendar, it asks for the calendar which is similair if we try to manually add calender... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arvindcgi
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calendar in unix

how to get the calendar for the year 10000 like we get calendar for say year 2010. $ cal 2010 2010 Jan Feb Mar S M Tu W Th F S S M Tu W Th F S S M Tu W Th F S 1 2 1 2... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calendar AWK

Hi, how should I use system command cal (calendar) in awk?, I have try several combinations and none works. Here what I have done. awk -f '{print cal}' awk -f '{print 'cal'}' awk -f '{print "cal"}' awk -f {print cal} Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Godie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys: How to change a machine name in Autosys JIL.

All the autosys jobs are on server-1 and server-1 has been crashed due to some reason, Now I have to run 5 autosys jobs on server-2 (failover server) which are on server 1. How to do with Autosys command (which command needs to fired on JIL) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tp2115
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys - Extended Calendar

Does anyone know if you can create an Extended Calendar in Autosys that will do the following...Schedule on the last business day of the month, but if the last business day falls on a Mon-Thur...schedule on the next business day (1st of the next month) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amarq0004
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys Extended Calendar needed

Is there any way to create an extended calendar in Autosys that will include the last Friday of the month AND the 8 business days before that Friday? I know that this will give me the last Friday of the months that I need... fri#L AND (jan or apr or jul or oct) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarq0004
0 Replies
calendar(1)						      General Commands Manual						       calendar(1)

NAME
calendar - Writes reminder messages to standard output SYNOPSIS
calendar [-] STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: calendar: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] Calls calendar for all users who have a calendar file in their home directories and sends reminders by mail. This flag is usually used only by the superuser as part of daily administrative procedures. DESCRIPTION
The calendar command reads a file named calendar in your current (usually home) directory and writes to standard output any line in the file that contains the current date or the next day's date. The calendar command recognizes date formats such as Dec. 7 or 12/7. It also recognizes the special character * (asterisk) to match any month. For example, it interprets */7 or * 7 as the seventh day of every month. On Fridays, calendar writes all lines containing the dates for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. It does not recognize holidays, so if the next day is a holiday calendar prints lines for that day, rather than for the next working day. For you to get reminder service when other users run calendar -, your calendar file must be readable by others (see the chmod command). NOTES
The calendar utility is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. EXAMPLES
To display information in the calendar file that pertains to today and tomorrow, enter: calendar A typical calendar file might look like this: */25 - Prepare monthly report Aug. 12 - Fly to Denver aug 23 - board meeting Martha out of town - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 8/24 - Mail car payment sat aug/25 - beach trip August 27 - Meet with Simmons August 28 - Meet with Wilson If today is Friday, August 24, then the calendar command displays: */25 - Prepare monthly report Martha out of town - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 8/24 - Mail car payment sat aug/25 - beach trip August 27 - Meet with Simmons ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of calendar: [Tru64 UNIX] If this variable is set, the calendar command uses its value as the full pathname of a template file that contains format strings. The strings consist of field descriptors and text characters which are used to provide a more robust set of allowable date formats in different languages using the appropriate settings of the environ- ment variables LANG or LC_TIME. See environ(5) for more information. The list of allowable field descriptions is provided in the date(1) reference page. Provides a default value for the internationalization variables that are unset or null. If LANG is unset or null, the cor- responding value from the default locale is used. If any of the internationalization variables contain an invalid setting, the utility behaves as if none of the variables had been defined. If set to a non-empty string value, overrides the values of all the other interna- tionalization variables. Determines the locale for the interpretation of sequences of bytes of text data as characters (for example, sin- gle-byte as opposed to multibyte characters in input files). Determines the locale for the format and contents of diagnostic messages written to standard error. Determines the format of date strings recognized by the calendar command. Determines the location of message catalogues for the processing of LC_MESSAGES. FILES
Contains user calendar entries. Determines dates. Contains user information. SEE ALSO
Commands: chmod(1), date(1), mail(1), mailx(1) Environment: environ(5) Standards: standards(5) calendar(1)