Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell Post 302281057 by wiseguy on Wednesday 28th of January 2009 05:59:33 AM
Old 01-28-2009
yes, thats what I have now. But i want to get this later: "prompt: _"
("_" is the cursor Smilie)

I have to do many inputs and I want to "save" lines - so i want to have mor space on the screen - do you now what I mean?

[EDIT]
Sorry - I now realized that you wrote "printf" instad of "echo"... thats a good idea ;-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to request a "read" or "delivered" receipt for mails

Dears, I've written a script which allows me to send mails in different formats with different attaches. Now I still want to add a feature to this script. My users would like to be able to receive a "read" or "delivered" receipt for their mails. The script send mails on behalve of an specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plelie2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the meaning of "!:*" in "alias foo 'command\!:*' filename"

Hi: How can I remove my own post? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from "list1" and list matches in "list2"

I want to print any matching IP addresse in List1 with List 2; List 1 List of IP addresses; 161.85.58.210 250.57.15.129 217.23.162.249 74.76.129.101 30.221.177.237 3.147.200.59 170.58.142.64 127.65.109.33 150.167.242.146 223.3.20.186 25.181.180.99 2.55.199.32 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
SPICEC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SPICEC(1)

NAME
spicec - Spice client SYNOPSIS
spicec [-h, --host <host>] [-p, --port <port>] [-s, --secure-port <port>] [--secure-channels <ch0, ch1...>] [--unsecure-chan- nels <ch0, ch1...>] [-w, --password <password>] [-f, --full-screen[=auto-conf]] [--canvas-type <type1, type2...>] [--enable-chan- nels <ch0, ch1...>] [--disable-channels <ch0, ch1...>] [--help] DESCRIPTION
spicec is a Spice client, it can be used to connect to Spice server, such as spice compatible QEMU OPTIONS
-h, --host <host> Spice server address. -p, --port <port> Spice server port -s, --secure-port <port> Spice server secure port --secure-channels <ch0, ch1...> Force secure connection on the specified channels Channels are: main, display, inputs, cursor, playback and record By default, any channel can be secured, depending on the --secure-port availability. --unsecure-channels <ch0, ch1...> Force unsecure connection on the specified channels Channels are: main, display, inputs, cursor, playback and record. By default, any channel can be unsecured, depending on the --port availability. -w, --password <password> Set a ticketing password (default is none) -s, --secure-port <port> Spice server secure port -f, --full-screen[=auto-conf] Open in a full screen mode. Optional automatic configuration of the remote display settings according to the client display set- tings. A guest agent must be installed and started for this option. --canvas-type <type1, type2...> Select the available renderer. The order determines precedence For Linux client : only "cairo" canvas type is available. For Win- dows client : available types are "gdi" and "cairo". The default is "gdi". --enable-channels <ch0, ch1...> Enable the specified channels. Use "all" for enabling all possible channels. Use the following names for enabling only the selected channels: "display", "inputs", "cursor", "playback" and "record". By default all channels are enabled. --disable-channels <ch0, ch1...> Disable the specified channels. Use "all" for disabling all possible channels. Use the following names for enabling only the selected channels: "display", "inputs", "cursor", "playback" and "record." By default all channels are enabled. --help Show command help. CONTROL HOT KEYS
Shift + F11 Toggle full-screen / window mode Shift + F12 Release the cursor if captured in window On debug mode, these are available as well: Shift + F5 Connect to the server Shift + F6 Disconnect from the server SEE ALSO
Spice related documents can be found at http://www.spice-space.org/documentation.html AUTHOR
Spice project This manual page was written by Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. (See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/legalcode) November 29, 2010 SPICEC(1)